YAY!!! I finally bought an electric. It's a beautiful black and white Washburn Lyon. The amp is sort of crap, but I love the guitar. I can't decide waht to name it...
Jazzer by day, rocker by night

Gear:

Washburn Lyon- (my mate)- Maverick
Fender Acoustic- (my brother)- Lou
and my favorite

Selmer Hummingbird
Reference 54 Alto Saxophone (my baby)- Apollo
Dont pick a name. Play it long enough, the name will come.
You know the bitter comes out better on a stolen guitar
You're the BLESSED, we're the Spiders from Mars!

Member 3 of the "Mick Ronson Is an extremely Awesome Guitar Player" Fanclub. PM ThePurpleRabbit to join.
Why do people feel the need to name their guitars? And why is the name usually Betsy?
Quote by Dan Steinman
You know you are a guitar player when the kids in the elementary school band can read sheet music better than you
I would probably name my guitar if it was an expensive one lol.. Like a gibson or PRS.. But anyways...

Congratulations on the new guitar and amp man!

You gotta tell us whether it's male or female first! Can't help you with this one, you just know...

And my Mex Strat's called Esteban
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Quote by Thin Ears
Why do people feel the need to name their guitars? And why is the name usually Betsy?

hahahahahahah that good i kno three people that named an insturment betsy (including a tuba) my guitars name is hero. now what for my new les paul?
My friend had a Les Paul that was a girl, so he called it Leslie Paula... the guitar was the girl, not the friend.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Quote by sAxcrazedguitar
YAY!!! I finally bought an electric. It's a beautiful black and white Washburn Lyon. The amp is sort of crap, but I love the guitar. I can't decide waht to name it...

Washburn makes nice guitars. Even their cheap ones are pretty decent guitars.

Also...you don't post a topic about new gear without pics!
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Ha, i name my Jackson Stigma
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.
Quote by Arlabester
hahahahahahah that good i kno three people that named an insturment betsy (including a tuba) my guitars name is hero. now what for my new les paul?

lesbo paulina

an btw i got the washburn lyon distortion pedal, its pretty kick ass for $20!
Quote by Arlabester
you suck, emo rocks, case closed
i named my mom's car betsy because it has that weird nav. system.... betsy never gets lost...
My Gear
Agile AL-3000 Prestige Slim Profile Neck
Schecter C-1 PLUS
Washburn WD18SW Solid-Wood Acoustic
Vox AD30vt with the VFS2 footswitch
Fender PT-100 tuner
Vox wah pedal
I never have named any of my guitars, but I do often reffer to it as a she. anyways, congrats on your first guitar
"It's not the guitar you play, but it's how you play that guitar."-ME

Blouie344@yahoo.com

-Brandon
Heh - both my guitars share the same name, the name being Sandy.

They're named after a friend who had changed my life - the Ibanez (the her I first met) is the metalheadesque guitar, dark, shiny and just fun - the Strat being the girly side with it's white/blue setup, sort of like how I eventually got to see her girly side, but both sides make the thing if ya get what I mean.
Topic creator, I assume you got the guitar etc from Target? I remember seeing the same thing there...
washburn does sell at target but they are a very very good low end priced guitar thingy..
Quote by Arlabester
you suck, emo rocks, case closed
oh yeah, it was from Target!!! hahahahahahaha! I love it to death. It's so much fun. Any opinions on a chorus pedal that I might buy for it??
Jazzer by day, rocker by night

Gear:

Washburn Lyon- (my mate)- Maverick
Fender Acoustic- (my brother)- Lou
and my favorite

Selmer Hummingbird
Reference 54 Alto Saxophone (my baby)- Apollo