Page 1 of 2
I was just wondering who listens to band like Sleep, Bongzilla, High on Fire, ect. And what you guys listen to?
stoner/doom rock is pretty awesome. black sabbath, kyuss and the sword are my favorites
"what did you dream my son, its alright we told you what to dream" -Roger Waters
I Less Than Three Cathedral, Spiritual Beggars and High on Fire.

But i'm not really an expert in the genre to be honest.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Stoner/doom is the sex. Electric Wizard, Orange Goblin and Cathedral are great bands. Lots of lovely riffage.
I was bad with usernames at age 12. Ah woe.
Electric Wizard, Crowbar, Earthride, The Obsessed, Witchfinder General, Bongzilla, Pentagram, Pelican, Corrosion of Conformity and Boris are all teh awesome.

EDIT: How could i forget The Sword, Orange Goblin and Cathedral! Strike me down, Stoner Metal Gods! I'm not Worthy!
My favorite Sludge bands are
-Down
-High on Fire
-Orange Goblin
-Electric Wizard
-Would Eyehategod be classified as Sludge?
-Clutch
-Acid bath
-Crowbar
-Corrosion of Conformity ( I dunno if theyre sludge either)
-Early Man
-Kyuss
'And if this clock keeps beating down, let the branded time keep playing, of all the minutes that were taken away, will your watch be waiting.'
Sunn0)))! Fireball Ministry too, although they're more stoner rock.

EDIT: Witch, too. Man i know a lot of Stoner/Doom/Sludge bands, too many perhaps.
Down are awesome if they fit under this...(i was wondering where theyd go)

saw em at download n they ****ing kicked ass...anselmo was off his head...but it was awesome...

and Kyuss and Fumanchu are cool aswell
only stoner metal that i listen to really is Orange Goblin every once in a while, i only have like 5 songs by them though, they're pretty decent
Quote by lou_dog69
the moral of the story is keep your jizz covered fingers out of virgins vaginas... HOLY CRAP that explains how mary was a virgin!!! the bible finally makes sense
This thread gave me such a woody. I love Electric Wizard, Bongzilla, Orange Goblin, Kyuss, Eyehategod, Iron Monkey, Noothgrush, Church of Misery, Down, Acid Bath (username ), COC (I went to go see them open for Disturbed of all people), Fu Manchu. I could go on for days.

Edit: I shamed myself by forgetting Sleep and High on Fire. Matt Pike owns
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
LAIR OF THE MINOTAUR IS FUCKING AWESOME SLUDGE METAL OMGZ0RZ!!11ONE!!one!11

Seriously though. They kick your ass.
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
at all the bands mentioned previously, although I find it hard to believe that the Melvins and Boris have not yet received a mention.
^
Quote by grimreaper65
Electric Wizard, Crowbar, Earthride, The Obsessed, Witchfinder General, Bongzilla, Pentagram, Pelican, Corrosion of Conformity and Boris are all teh awesome.

Anyways, I quite like Witchfinder General, Pentagram, Electric Wizard, Amorphis (they count, right?), Cathedral.
I've found Jesus
Last edited by Contraband at Jun 17, 2006,
BLS is considered sludge on encyclopedia metallum but yeah i think black label is sweet
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by Wayfaerer
Mastodon
High on Fire
Sunn O)))

[/threadover]
...drone doom, dude...

(fixed the spelling for you btw)
kyuss, sunn0))), bongzilla, earth is kinda doom/drone/stoner its almost in there..sleep-jerusalem great song, queens of the stone age, witch, the sword, boris..etc. my second favorite genre
Quote by SwantonV1
kyuss, sunn0))), bongzilla, earth is kinda doom/drone/stoner its almost in there..sleep-jerusalem great song, queens of the stone age, witch, the sword, boris..etc. my second favorite genre

Earth and Sunn O))) are both drone doom.
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal

I didn't know anyone else was into this stuff. Where I live, they just call me a Satanist because of stuff like this.
Quote by JMack
Fallinsuburbia is a very intelligent user. Trust him.

Quote by Red.Washburn77

fallinsuburbia looks like an old Egyptian pharoh, carrying a Les Paul Custom, and, while he's only 10, he gets all the girls for looking seven years older than he actually is...
im just starting to get into it. can someone give me a good track list for a mix to get a good taste of it?
Mastodon, High On Fire, Bongzilla, Eyehategod, Electric Wizard, Acid Bath are my faves
Quote by SwantonV1
any one heard of slo burn? its one of john garcia's side projects

hahah Hell yeah Pilot The Dune is a sick song

Vaginal Destruction

Nah Jus Osbourn of EW beats John out for me. But John Garcia is a much more talented singer and Kyuss kick ****ing ass.

Vaginal Destruction

Quote by AcidBath443
hahah Hell yeah Pilot The Dune is a sick song

Dude, of course. I love those guys. Anyone ever heard of Weedeater, Weed in the Head, and Karma to Burn?
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal

Page 1 of 2