save your money and start off with a decent one. for 99 bucks your paying for plywood, paint, and horrible pickups. get somethign better. youll thank me in a few months when you realize how ****ty that guitar really is.
dude that looks like a knock off of a ibenez and jackson in one cheap s hitty guitar, save your cash and get an ibenez or jackson, not a knock off of the two
Eh...I'd suggest that you pass on that and get a Washburn for $150. I've heard that SX guitars are really cheap. I know one guy (Chazzy29) here on UG who bought a couple and said they were ok but needed all new stuff in them (pickups, pots, wiring, tuners, bridge, etc.)

The Washburn WI14 is a great guitar. It's my current main guitar, and even after I get new gear in a few weeks I'll still use it often.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
crap, crap, crap. sorry to say it m8, but this isn't good at all. This guitar will hold you back.
it depends on how fast you can make money, if you don't have a job and look for money betwixt the couch then you really don't have much to choose from.

check out ebay and craigslist.org for used gear, craigslist especially if you live near or in a large city.
It isn't very nice but everyone starts with something poo. I had a second hand squire that had obviously not been loved. Wonder why?!
also check out the dean evo xm, i had one for about 3 days but the tuner fell off and it upset me so i sent it back, but it didn't sound too terrible for a $99 guitar.
Quote by danilo19
save your money and start off with a decent one. for 99 bucks your paying for plywood, paint, and horrible pickups. get somethign better. youll thank me in a few months when you realize how ****ty that guitar really is.

It says that its a solid Alder body. You idiot. SX guitars are cheap and of poor quality though. I suggest saving up and getting an Agile Les Paul knockoff. Agile makes quality guitars for cheap, they make you pay for the guitar and not the name *Cough GIBSON Cough*. Yeah...
^Washburn WI14. Much, MUCH better than that SX. And it's actually worth upgrading later on once you get better.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
id get a Epiphone Junior. its only 100 and i have and i love it. of course it needs work like mine has a p90 in it and i put new tuners on it and the bridge needs to be adjested. once you get all that done this thing plays great.
1993 Jackson Dinky Professional XL (shred)
Modified Squier Strat (blues and anything)
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Dunlop Original Crybaby GCB-95
Quote by hourglass666
It says that its a solid Alder body. You idiot. SX guitars are cheap and of poor quality though. I suggest saving up and getting an Agile Les Paul knockoff. Agile makes quality guitars for cheap, they make you pay for the guitar and not the name *Cough GIBSON Cough*. Yeah...

It's probably made of alder plywood. For $99 you won't find anything that isn't either plywood, agathis, or laminates. Just because it says "Alder Body" doesn't mean that the alder hasn't been slashed up and pressed into a shape.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
It's probably made of alder plywood. For $99 you won't find anything that isn't either plywood, agathis, or laminates. Just because it says "Alder Body" doesn't mean that the alder hasn't been slashed up and pressed into a shape.

add me to your sig cause i like your style.

xenn99......pwnin' n00bs since day 1.
Quote by voxdude26
id get a Epiphone Junior. its only 100 and i have and i love it. of course it needs work like mine has a p90 in it and i put new tuners on it and the bridge needs to be adjested. once you get all that done this thing plays great.

If he's going to spend all the money on modifications, he should just buy the '57 Les Paul Junior Reissue. Then he's agetting a solid mahogany guitar with a single piece mahogany set neck. I believe it has Grover tuners stock as well. As well as a Gibson p-100 Pickup. It's $300 USD on musician's friend.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
if you are going to go that cheap then you might as well get the fullerton quick start closeout pack from music123.com for $45 with free shipping and go dirt cheap.
Quote by danilo19
xenn99......pwnin' n00bs since day 1.

Oh alright...But only because you asked.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
yea I've heard all the best about agiles and nothing about SX guitars. But when I go to Rondo Music I'll let you know if its worth buying. I'm gunna drive there in like a week.
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
^I agree-I've never heard any bad comments about Agiles that could be backed up. I have heard some negative comments on SX's though.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar