Yes, they're the pickups that Steve Vai uses. They're decently priced, too. They freaking scream as well. I'm thinking about experimenting with buying a set for my Jackson DKMG to switch out the EMG-HZ's that aren't really cutting it for me. I need some opinions on this decision.
Founder of Baer Guitars - Free lessons in an unconventional style to promote creativity.
Composer
Teacher
Guitarist
From everything I've heard about them, I'd say you'd do well to get them. However, I have read that if there are any flaws in your playing technique, these pickups will bring all of them out into the open.
Quote by GuitarGod610
From everything I've heard about them, I'd say you'd do well to get them. However, I have read that if there are any flaws in your playing technique, these pickups will bring all of them out into the open.

+1

the pickups are supposedly very very touchy and such
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
what music do you play?

you better say 70%+ vai/hardcore shred...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
teh evolutions are great for country. i got sum in my ESP explorer runnin thru a powerball. Its ultimate country d00d
Quote by GuitarGod610

^^^I agree. I used my friends Vai sig guitar right when I first started playing electric and god damn did it sound like sh*t. If you play pretty well yeah you cant go wrong with these pups. But, if you mess up one little bit everyone around you will know it, instead of maybe being able to cover it up.
Quote by Dyaxe666
teh evolutions are great for country. i got sum in my ESP explorer runnin thru a powerball. Its ultimate country d00d

Actually you'd be suprised how well the evos clean up.. And the powerball has great cleans.

TBH you could get a pretty mean twang out of the pair.
haha... thanks guys. I think I'm going to get one for my bridge at least. I do play mostly heavy/shred stuff, so that'll be nice. By scream I mean pinch harmonics, high bends, et cetera.
Founder of Baer Guitars - Free lessons in an unconventional style to promote creativity.
Composer
Teacher
Guitarist