yea i know another thread but i searched up and couldnt find the answer to this problem...
ok ive been doing pinch harmonics on my guitar for awhile now but i use the palm of my hand to do them and i was watching this video of jerry c in canon rock where he did it with the side of his thumb... i tried doing it but i had to hold it closer to the edge of the pick but when i do i can switch back to normal picking position fast enough.... and also with the palm method its hardr because you have to move your palm over the strings opposed to your thumb which is already on the string so i have to learn both... is there any advice you guyz can give me?
Practice makes perfect. I personally use my thumb. I've never heard of the palm method.
Quote by grimreaper65
Har har har. Go stuff your panties with toads and then masturbate.

Ahh, I love the Pit.

Quote by SilentDeftone
I don't need to report you, I can just ban you instead.

-SD

Owned!
I do the thing with my thumb but i dont swith the position of the pick i just turn my hand a little bit and kinda scrape the string when i do a pinc harmonic.
id stick to using your thumb, palming the harmonics is only REALLY usefull on a bass. but hey some people prefer both, just mess with it see what your more comfortable with
....../ `---____________|] ~~~bang!
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_____.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
Quote by danilo19
I do the thing with my thumb but i dont swith the position of the pick i just turn my hand a little bit and kinda scrape the string when i do a pinc harmonic.

exactily what i do too.
I Survived The "Silent Deftone Cocksucking Forum"!-August 15th, 2006
Most people use their thumbs, but hey, it really doesn't effect your playing whichever way you do, so do whatever is easiest.
yea i do the palm thing too, i cant figure out how to use my thumb.. everyone says to just stick it out, but whenever i try it it i cant like touch it wth my thumb in time, so i just lightly rest the side of my hand on the fret and lift it off as i pick it.. kinda slow though.
once u really get them down...no matter what method you use, u shouldnt have to reposition your hand from its regular picking position....

but im not sure if this is possible to do this using the palm method...i personally have never tried it

i use my thumb for pinches, and when i play all it requires is a little extra rotation from my wrist...this way, my playing is least interrupted
wait ok when you use the thumb is it the side of your thumb or the fat piece of skin at the bottom of the thumb cuz now im kinda confused with which is which??