Hey everyone, I've got a question here.
I can do Vibrato with my Ring and Middle fingers great, but i can't do it at all really, with my index finger. Are there any techniques or exercises i can do to strengthen my index finger so i can play vibrato as well with it as my other two?(I dont play with my pinky).

thx in advance
you should play with your pinky. There will come a time in your playing when 3 fingers wont cut it and it will be a pain in the ass to train it but on subject.... you can just fret a note and do really wide vibrato with it for a few minutes everyday.
Try some musical meditation Steve Vai style. Obviously, do the vibrato excercise with your index finger. Not only will you strengthen your vibrato with it - but you'll come up with things you didn't know you could do.

And yes, some good advice above me - USE YOUR PINKY!
o lol thx for the advive...and i meant i didnt use my pinky for vibrato... i do play with it when i'm just playing or soloing, but not vibrato.

thx again for the advice.
^Use it for vibrato too - use it for everything. You have four fingers to fret with, use them all.

You're going to come across a situation where vibrato with your pinky will be necessary, so learn it.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Try some musical meditation Steve Vai style. Obviously, do the vibrato excercise with your index finger. Not only will you strengthen your vibrato with it - but you'll come up with things you didn't know you could do.

And yes, some good advice above me - USE YOUR PINKY!

Did anyone else read that? Steve Vai wants me to vibrato a note for ONE HOUR?! I'm pretty sure I lack the boredom toleration to do that.
WHOALASKA!! WHOALASKAAAA!!!