everytime i play i am getting worse im losing my self confidence what do i do?
just play for the fun of it i play a thing one time and i declare to the world that i love guitar and the next minute i hate it and its ****!!!

just keep trying and imagine yourself shredding even if it sounds like **** it will really make you feel better when you are learning like me and you are doing!!

keep up the good fight!!!
get a metrenome and start really slow. Google correct principles for guitar and youll find a really good site with a bunch of good tips on how to be better at guitar.
Member # 2 of the Kiss Sucks and Has Too Much **** They Hock as Merchindise Club Pm DoTheEvolution to join.
i think almost everybody who picks up a guitar feels like throwing it through their wall at least a couple of times. go back to stuff you know you can play well and practice that. dont see something you cant play as an impossible task, see it as a challenge that will make you better.
learn a new song that you know you can play that is like "oh man i luv that song" hopefully itll have a cool easy lick in it or something.. you can enjoy playing the new song, and you will feel like you are making progress, because even if you arent learning harder songs, its always good to have more songs in your repertoire.
Quote by dima210
everytime i play i am getting worse im losing my self confidence what do i do?

it could also be that your mind is set on other things right now, if needed, take a break from guitar for a week. chill out.
Quote by silvadolla
it could also be that your mind is set on other things right now, if needed, take a break from guitar for a week. chill out.

Definately. Take a break, like anything else you can get burnt out on guitar. This is natural. Take a break, come back and work on basics. If you want a big confidence boost really work on something that you find challenging. I find that when I'm in a rut and I sit down, learn something challenging or something that I usually don't play, it breathes life back into guitar playing. Also, try just messing the tuning up. Use some open tunings or something, making things up in a different tuning will de-familiarize yourself with the instrument, making it new to you again. Just some suggestions
I'll quote Jimi Hendrix here:

"You have to stick with it. Sometimes you are going to be so frustrated you want to give up the guitar. You'll hate the guitar. But all of this is just a part of learning, because if you stick with it, you're going to be rewarded."

Those'll be the feelings of every guitarist there ever was. I threw my guitar across a room once, I was so pissed off at it, and now having been playing more or less solidly for two and a half years I have bad days where I can't play a note and awesome days where everything I touch turns to gold, like everyone. Stick with it, man!
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.