Not sure if it's called Truss Rod or Thruss rod, I've seen people call it both (Not sure how accurate they were).

What is this exactly? Is this the thing that adjusts neck placement? And if so, where is it located, and how to I change it? (I feel like messing around with a crappy guitar. =D)
dont touch the truss rod unless u know what ur doing and are sure the guitar needs it.

if u turn it too much u break it.

if u want to adjust ur action u do that at the bridge.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Alright..

So it adjusts action..

I guess I'll just do it at the bridge then, How do I go about doing this? O.o Do you have any recommended settings for it? (Maybe a picture?)
yeah ive got tons of pictures.
what type of guitar is it?

and well it adjusts the neck. so it can help with action problems. but yeah, u always start at the bridge.

TOM? just guessing, anyway..

loosen the top screw and that will let u turn the thumbwheel to move the bridge.
thumbwheel pointed to by red arrow.

phil's pic
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Last edited by jj1565 at Jun 16, 2006,
take it too a pro mate, not worth f ucking up your guitar
Gibson SG (Heavily modded)
Fender USA Strat
Hohner 12 String-uber rare

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Digitech badmonkey overdrive
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay
Digitech Whammy
Epi SG.

I have a gap in between my neck and body of the guitar, a very small one. Is that a problem or what? (It's hit the floor a few times, so I figured the neck might be out of place.)

I'm getting a new one before summer ends, so messing with this one is just for "fun" I guess. :P (I want it to sound good too though, so yeah..)
^sounds like a problem, but ud need to post a picture. and i edited my last post wt the pic u need.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

I'll see what I can do about pictures, only digital cam I have comes out very blurry. I'll probably upload one soon.

Thanks for your shot though.
Quote by sg-rocker173
Epi SG.

I have a gap in between my neck and body of the guitar, a very small one. Is that a problem or what? (It's hit the floor a few times, so I figured the neck might be out of place.)

I'm getting a new one before summer ends, so messing with this one is just for "fun" I guess. :P (I want it to sound good too though, so yeah..)

Is it the Epi G310, with the bolt on neck?

Because if so... Then you could tighten the screws holding the neck on.

If not... Then you're probably in a world of trouble.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
Quote by StaggHound

It's an SG Special, but yeah, it has the same stuff on the back.

I was using the Dunlop strap lock system on it, and the fourth screw (The one that goes through the locking piece) was smaller than the hole, so I'm drilling a hole that'll fit the screw properly elsewhere, then putting the original back in. That should help.
Quote by StaggHound

i was thinking that, but in this particular case, its probably best to get a picture so we know exactly whats going on here.

u need to screw only in certain spots.
and i dont think u took a screw out of the neck plate right?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Basically, it sounds like it's a neck heel problem, not a neck bow problem. So stay away from the Truss Rod!
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!