I'm new to the forum, so hello!!! :-D haha

I had saw several people covering this, so I thought "Why not?!" haha anyways this is the second take..seeing as how I forgot to hit the record version on the first one!! lol Its played on a Les Paul that I kinda'..broke..the morning I recorded (long story..it fell off of a chair and knocked the neck humbucker out..) its a bit sped up..and a bit sloppy...but I was being rushed by my mom to clean my room and cut the grass haha (Everyone's gotta' have an excuse, right??) lol cricitcism is welcome, I would love to know where my playing needs help, thanks.

enjoy listening.

http://media.putfile.com/Eruption-63
Last edited by winkles426 at Jun 16, 2006,
way too much flanger, and ya definitely slow it down a bit. not just tempo wise either, youre rushing inbetween riffs, but ya other than that its pretty cool man
....../ `---____________|] ~~~bang!
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_____.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
ow **** thats what i call flangerism ahaha
well i think youve got most of the notes, but honestly it sounds nothing like eruption
eh, not bad

2 much phaser/flanger w/e and i was sort of lost. next time you cover try and not do any improvising (if you did any, not sure, i have listened 2 erruption in awhile)

the tapping was also pretty sloppy too, clean that up

overall, 7/10
Quote by Mad Marius
Because there's no point in being on the Internet of you're not gonna act like an arrogant prick.
the tapping was good, but it's definately hard to play every else besides the tapping
FIJI
Quote by guitarshark2099
eh, not bad

2 much phaser/flanger w/e and i was sort of lost. next time you cover try and not do any improvising (if you did any, not sure, i have listened 2 erruption in awhile)

You're an idiot.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
Quote by guitarshark2099
eh, not bad

the tapping was also pretty sloppy too, clean that up

overall, 7/10

yes, I did improv most of it haha Its a guitar solo...I personally think guitar solos should be improvised...I saw people covering it...I sat there and was like "Hey, maybe I'll give it a shot!" haha but I was too lazy to sit there and figure out every single note!! when you go watch people cover songs, do you like to sit there and here exact note for note renditions of every song they play?? I certainly don't...it would be quite boring if people did that haha

but to the rest of you, thanks. I'll slow things down a bit and lose the flanger haha I'll also work on my tapping OH and extra thanks to the guy who called the anti-improv guy an idiot
i think that the flanger/phaser/whatever it was actually made it sound really cool...i just think that it sounded weird because it's a really thick tone, if you understand what i mean by thick? 7/10 bro. keep goin.
Hello, I'm new also so... A little too heavy with the effects in my opinion. Over all it sounded pretty good as a guitar solo in the vein of eruption but necessarily a eruption cover. I think it was more of a tribute to eruption (sounds like most of the main themes are in there and you improved the rest but it's been a long time since I listened to the original so I might be wrong). To judge it as a cover I'd say your on the right path keep at it. When it come to EVH expectations are really high ( especially with this tune) and most people expect note for note renditions. But as a tribute or in the style of piece, it is very good. I hope this made sense.
Quote by belgarion1919
Hello, I'm new also so... A little too heavy with the effects in my opinion. Over all it sounded pretty good as a guitar solo in the vein of eruption but necessarily a eruption cover. I think it was more of a tribute to eruption (sounds like most of the main themes are in there and you improved the rest but it's been a long time since I listened to the original so I might be wrong). To judge it as a cover I'd say your on the right path keep at it. When it come to EVH expectations are really high ( especially with this tune) and most people expect note for note renditions. But as a tribute or in the style of piece, it is very good. I hope this made sense.

haha that did make sense. I think that was more of what I was aiming for..I just couldn't think of the word for it lol and most of it was improved it's not even CLOSE to the original lol