My guitar teacher just bought a black and gold Les Paul Custom. How much are the customs? And are the studios good/great/bad?
the studios are almost exactly the same as the standards except they dont have a pickguard... might i suggest the fireburst finish... around 13000 for the studio ... might be able to bargain it down to 900
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
I bought an epiphone les paul for 700$, and its pretty good.
Do you like it
HARDER or Faster

PRESIDENT OF THE SIXPOUNDER WHEN I POUND HER
CLUB
Im prob. working this summer, might have around $1,000 with birthday money.

Im planning on maybe getting a Strat HSS, which will leave me with about $500. Should I go for the Agile Les Paul and get two guitars by the end of the year, or just get the strat and save the rest for other gear or future guitars?
1000$ is not nearly enough for a custom...the custom ur teacher bought runs for 3495$ canadian where i am...that being said i just played one today...oh my god it was the most amazing guitar ive ever touched
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

^^ where do you live?
Co-Founder of the I Am Canadian Club, pm me or Mantiscabinet to join

My gear:

Gibson les paul studio
line 6 spider 112
washburn X12 with zakk wylde emgs
2004 pearl protone drum set
I think me teacher payed about $2,200 for his black and gold Custom. He has owned a studio, said it was nice.
Black and gold? Sounds cool. I think the regular CS customs are somewhere like 3000-3300 USD

EDIT: Must mean gold HARDWARE. I thought he was talking about paint schemes...
Last edited by utsapp89 at Jun 16, 2006,
Black and Gold LP customs run for $3000. I know kuz i have one.. I got mine used for $2200 though. Its a great guitar. well worth the $$$ if you can afford it. Or get a standard if u dont want it to be as fancy.
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Buy a studio they are great and exactly the same as the standards exept for the binging and choice of colors.
Their quality control is better on higher end instruments, but if you think you're up for trying guitars and knowing what you want, studio is the way to go

I wouldn't order one over the internet though
^Yep, Custom Shop guitars will (usually) be better instruments than the general production stuff.
Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Custom. They're about $1000 and every bit as good as any non-custom shop Gibson. It wouldn't shock me if it would sound close to your guitar teacher's new guitar.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by colen
^^ where do you live?

mississauga man...long & mqquade is the best music store in the country, i find gear there so cheap, and the one i go to (rathburn & mavis) had 4 customs

that being said custom shop gibsons are much better i find

except they often have a pointy heel =S

if you dont mind that though then ur good=D
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

Dude, don't get a Studio. Save up 500 more dollars and at least get a Classic. Anything lower than a Classic is a waste.

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
^That's a lie. Specials are crap, I'll agree to that, but Studios are on par with standards.
^Thats about the most ignorant statement i've ever heard. The studio is a great guitar if you find a good one!
Bring me an LP standard and then bring me an LP studio thats just as good and I'll believe you. If LP Studios measure up to a Standard, why do people still buy Standards?

Quote by richwatkinson
Last edited by ScreaminBlues25 at Jun 17, 2006,
^To be fair, their quality control is stronger on higher ends. ITs their ****ty way of making sure you buy for as much as you got
studios are bought for the price mainly, the standard is available with a much thinner 60s neck wether or not is worth the extra 800 is up to you
Sorry if my first post sounded harsh; I don't mean that Studios are completely terrible, they're just OK, IMO.

Personally, however, I want a great guitar, not an OK guitar.

In terms of comparing to a Standard, though, I can't even begin to explain how much I disagree.

Quote by taper_fra_nord
To be fair, their quality control is stronger on higher ends.

EXACTLY. Better quality means better tone and an all around better guitar.

Quote by richwatkinson
Lol, its still being ignorant saying studios are **** compared to standards. They're still good guitars, and if you try before you buy, you will find pearls among the swine every now and then. I wouldn't buy a gibson if it wasn't a pearl anyway. The standard ones aren't worth the money (Meaning the ones of average quality).

I still say studios are more bang for the buck than standards.

And danno, i don't know what that means
Quote by taper_fra_nord

And danno, i don't know what that means

neither do I

Im trying verrrry hard to disagree with you guys without being a complete asshole, but its difficult... I suppose I just have a passion for high-end Gibsons, which is why I bought one

Quote by richwatkinson
^Aren't you the guy who bought a gibson from china for 10 bucks + shipping?

Not trying to be an ass or anything, but i seem to remember a guy around here having done that..