Hey guys for some reason on my strat the top string is all screwed up. When I tune it to E its really really super tight compared to the rest of the strings and it sounds like crap. Ive checked everything that I thought it might be but nothing is working, anyone have any clues? Thanks alot. Im lost since every other string is fine but that one.
I tryed that but then its really loose, like super loose. I thought about that one...so I have no idea what it could be....
I can't really say anything specific because I can't look at your guitar, but here's a couple things I would check:
Bridge
Nut
Tuners
String tree
Change strings.

I'm sure you've already checked of those out, but maybe you just missed one of them...hope I helped more than cobainrocks.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
your strings is just not working properly, get a new E or just change all your strings
...:::The Master Chief :::...
Quote by ChurchNSkate
I can't really say anything specific because I can't look at your guitar, but here's a couple things I would check:
Bridge
Nut
Tuners
String tree
Change strings.

I'm sure you've already checked of those out, but maybe you just missed one of them...hope I helped more than cobainrocks.

Yep. ChurchNSkate's got the idea. Do it in that order too.
Well I changed the one string, because i had just put a new set on and i didnt see the sense in changing all of them when the rest are fine. But my old strings were 11s and the new ones are 8s so could that possibly have something to do it. I had it setup for 11s but I never heard of anyone having to change anything to go lower, only higher.
11s to 8s, thats a big difference. Of course you hear the difference, the 8's low E string is 0.038" in diameter, and your old 11's A string is also 0.038" in diameter. So basically now, your low E and A string are at the same gauge... you need to change it to 11s or else the sound will be always off.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Check your intonation (sp?). Okay, measure from the Strat's nut to the 12th fret. and remember/ write down that length, then measure from the 12th fret to the beginning of the little piece that thestring goes through. If it's shorter than it should be, get a screw driver and there should a screw at the back of the bridge at the back of that string guide, and loosen it till it's the right length. If it's too long, do the opposite and tighten it.

Now, when you think it's pretty close, tune the whole string, make sure it's tuned very precisely, then hold the string on the 12th fret and tune it from that fret to and E. If the 12th fret tuning is too high, loosen the screw till it's right, retune the strinbg and repeat till it's better. If this doresn't work, I don't know what to tell you.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Maybe your tuner's inside is striped.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
Do you mean stripped?

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
If you aren't talking about your strat, ignore this post:

Your pickups are probably too high; this is quite a common problem on strats. The magnets pull on the strings which make them go out of tune, and can sometimes make them impossible to intonate properly.