What do you guys consider the best multi fx pedal simply for its effects. By this I mean that I don't care about it's amp or cabinet modelling. I'm just looking for a good delay, reverb, chorus, etc. Right now, I have a lame 100 dollar zoom that could use upgrading. Looking at going maybe in the 300-400 dollar range.
Bang
well the three best ones are the digitech gnx 4, the line 6 pod xt live, and the boss gt 8. i would say that for effects they are all about the same quality. i mean nothing beats a regular analog effects setup but these are good if u dont have the money to buy each individual effect. if u only care about the effects get any of the three but id say the gnx 4 is the best one because it has an 8 track digital recorder built into as well as a drum machine. the line 6 u can record with it but u need to by their rif works softwear for that and i was not impressed with it enough to keep so i exchanged it for the gnx 4. and the boss is just straight effects u cant record with it unless u have ur own mixer. the line 6 is about 400$, the boss is 450$, and the digitech is 500$
300-400 bucks?
3-4 seperate pedals will pwn a multi.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
you could follow pink queens advise if you arent lookin for a huge load of effects cuz if you arent then that would be the best choice. if you are then id try out a bos me-50. i have one and i love it.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
If you have the money and the patience, the GT-8 will keep you satisfied for years to come. Look no further.
My Gear:

Ibanez RG450LTDBC
Boss GT-8
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Behringer guitar
Behringer V-Tone GM108 Amp
...and my fingers.

Quote by unfathomable_bo
At a Nile gig when some guy shouted "Egypt is gay!"

^^
For effects go with the ME-50, it's the easiest to use, sounds the best, and has all the options you'll need without excess ones, also will keep your tone... Ebay $150-$200, BOSS is fine to get used
I know you asked for the best multi fx but single pedals do sound so much better.
My gear:

Gibson Gothic Flying V
Engl Screamer Combo
Maxon OD-9
Squier 10w amp
A Boss GT-8 looks amazing but complex. I'd get one if I had £300