ive had this explained to me, but i really didnt get it, can someone explain altered dominants for me? i have this feeling its probably something i know, but dont know it ias that name...
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
i think that is just when you play and extra note with your pinky...and whatever string that might be depending on if the root note of the chord is being played on the 5th or 6th string
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Because when I was younger I would wrap dollar bills around my wang while masturbating to get that extra dirty feeling.

Even though I quit doing it, it still turns me on when I see money.

Http://magnumman.dmusic.com
Quote by GuitarJunkie
i think that is just when you play and extra note with your pinky...and whatever string that might be depending on if the root note of the chord is being played on the 5th or 6th string
That's not right.

It's when you add any of these alterations, b9, #9, #11, #5, or b13, (am I missing any???), or any combination of those alterations, to a dominant chord.
^Yeah, usually the chord i denoted as simply "alt," like 'Galt" or "Bbalt." The specific alterations aren't as important as the fact that it is a dominant chord. They add more tension to the already tense dominant chord.
Looking for my India/Django.
^Exactly. An altered dominant is the V (major, yes) chord of any key, but it is altered to create more tension. Usually Augmented chords make a lot of tension.
oh alright thanks
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
Quote by coffeeguy9
^Exactly. An altered dominant is the V (major, yes) chord of any key, but it is altered to create more tension. Usually Augmented chords make a lot of tension.
What?