My friend who plays drums (for about 6 years) is capable of playing just about anything by now, and I have been playing guitar for 6 years and can play just about anything along the borders of Rock, Blues, Jazz, Reggae etc.

We just got a new guy to play bass, we haven't sorted out any singing yet, but what is a good song we can jam to when we get together for the first time? Just for a trio.
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
i could tell you to play what your heart wants, but people don't want feeling, they want to be accepted, so they like what they think other people lik. So watch MtV for a day , and watch all the countdowns play their ****ty "pop" music and then get rich. it's easy, anyone can do it.(as long as your pretty. theres no such thing as an ugly person with musical ability.)
Quote by DispsablePuppet
i could tell you to play what your heart wants, but people don't want feeling, they want to be accepted, so they like what they think other people lik. So watch MtV for a day , and watch all the countdowns play their ****ty "pop" music and then get rich. it's easy, anyone can do it.(as long as your pretty. theres no such thing as an ugly person with musical ability.)

I agree with everything you just said, but... that doesn't really answer my question.
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
Start by covering something you all like, and just take an extended solo and run with it. Vertigo by U2 is a great song for this, cause it has a pretty decent riff, and no matter what you do, you probably couldn't find a way to make it worse.
You know the bitter comes out better on a stolen guitar
You're the BLESSED, we're the Spiders from Mars!

Member 3 of the "Mick Ronson Is an extremely Awesome Guitar Player" Fanclub. PM ThePurpleRabbit to join.