Poll: which neck pickup(humbuckers) do you preffer?
Poll Options
View poll results: which neck pickup(humbuckers) do you preffer?
seymour duncan pearly gates.
6 46%
seymour duncan alnico II pro.
7 54%
Voters: 13.
I just want a nice smooth tone with great cleans. which one do you think would be better?

I have an ibanez axs32 and a 120w crate amp.
I just think pearly gates sounds much nicer. Alnico ii pro has got smooth distortion for classic rock and stuff, but imo pearly gates sounds cleaner and much nicer.
Quote by Half_Full
[IMG]http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5971/uselessko5.gif[/IMG]

My Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard plus -honeyburst with Duncan Jb/59
-Crate gt65
-Boss ME-50
Future gear:
-Vox AC30 cc2
I wouldn't describe the pearly gates as 'smooth.' The Alnico II is a nicer overall neck pickup.
Pearly gates rawkz.......... especially for Soldano tones........ don't believe me, just try it !!

The way I describe it, ........ smooth 80s neck OD sound with subtle clipping in the background, just ****1in beautiful, mate !!!
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
I have a Pearly Gates in the neck of my LP. It has a nice tone to it, but it can be a little bassy. You can adjust amp settings to overcome it though. With my amps, I have the bass set at around 3 and the pickup has balanced tone, with great mids, and a smooth treble.

I've never played with an alnico II pro, so i can't offer anything there.
alnico II will get you the slash tone
"i disagree, I play on my own and if I had to play through my avt for another minute I'd probably poke a fork into the input, with the hope of both electrocuting myself and destroying the amp in one fell swoop."
-Dave_mc

Best video ever
let me put it this way, i have pearly gates, and wish i had alnico IIs, what kind of music do you play, that will help us out alot.
"i disagree, I play on my own and if I had to play through my avt for another minute I'd probably poke a fork into the input, with the hope of both electrocuting myself and destroying the amp in one fell swoop."
-Dave_mc

Best video ever
I play a lot of ac/dc. I like slash's tone. umm... but I would like whichever one would giver me a nicer smoother tone with great cleans. I want a neck pickup with a smooth tone.