Page 1 of 2
Holy crap is all I have to say. This album is the spirit of folk metal, If you havn't heard of Eluveitie or this album you need to be hung (look at my avatar, thats you). If you like Melo. Death and a **** ton of celtic/pagan influences this album has it all. From its Black metal and death metal sections to the jumpy Melo death riffs behind a violin and pan flute. Truely a great album, I've been waiting for it ever since I got my hand on there demo Ven.

They have suprised me, I didn't think they could pull off the feel that they got with Ven, but they did. And passed it.

I feel like a school girl about this band right now.

Throw in your thoughts.

www.myspace.com/eluveitie1
http://www.eluveitie.ch/

This is a must hear.
Wow I really like it. Two big ****in thumbs up, although I'm only on my second song so far. But so far definate liking the vocals and instrumentation (particularly throwin flutes over guitars and ****). Best find in a while.
Ooo. Me likey.

edit: I listened to all the songs...that band is worthy of my money. Must pick up the album some time.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Last edited by LedZeppelin at Jun 16, 2006,
holy fuck0rz

nice find man
¤¤¤¤¤ ۩ ۝РЄŦĤ ۩ ¤¤¤¤¤
۩ ВŁĄÇĶŴĄŦЄŖ РĄŖĶ ۩

Quote by deadskinmask
I think you should listen to Bodom_Shredder7.

Quote by xolax
Listen to Bodom_Shredder, he knows what hes talking about

Quote by Alucard II
Bodom Shredder was right

SevenLastWordsOfChrist
Is this another one of your bands where they dress up as elves and play flutes?

NELFS = GAY
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything
holy s**t havent seen greety around in a while, but yeah kick ass band def. worth a purchase
Gear

PRSCustom 24

Jackson DXMG w/ sh-13 dimebucker & sh12 jazz

Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Solo head and matching 4x12 cab

Hendrix dunlop Wah

TS-7 tube screamer
Wow...

I remember hearing some clips from Ven and not liking them much, but...wow...this stuff is great.
I have to say im beyond impressed. Im gonna have to get hold of Spirit.

EDIT: Woah, this is awesome. At one point it sounds like a kickass Melo-Death song, and then the Fiddle/Mandola/Irish flute will kick into some awesome complex riffage. WAAAAHH.
Last edited by A Dark Symphony at Jun 17, 2006,
There was a thread about them not too long ago, it only got three replies though.
Yeah, I like this band, spirit is on my wishlist for a few weeks now.
Umm.... wow....

this totally kicks ass. I'm definently picking this album up
Metal Matt reserves the right to be a hypocrite whenever he damn well pleases
O_O

O_O

O_O

O_O

O_O

O_O

O_O

O_O

O_O

O_O

O_O

/dies of inverted blue ball disease.
- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
yeah i made a thread about these guys. theyre amazing. i have Ven, which was pretty good. but the new stuff blows the doors off of it. truly, a great band.
So I just picked up the cd and I gotta say that the entire thing start to finish is absolutely amazing. Just....

...wow....
Metal Matt reserves the right to be a hypocrite whenever he damn well pleases
This might shock some of you but I've never bothered listening to any folk metal before...that's some good sht
I may have to get this album.
Last edited by TheNthDimension at Jun 19, 2006,
FUCK I need to get into folk metal.

LOVED it.
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Damn these guys make some damn good folk metal, ill have to put this one down on my enoumous list of cds to get.
This is a bit odd.... uuuuhhhhhhhh actually making a contribution to this forum?

The sky MUST be falling.

Despite the Rambo looking dyke, this band certainly kicks a troll-sized amount of ass.
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
Quote by Spynal
This is a bit odd.... uuuuhhhhhhhh actually making a contribution to this forum?

The sky MUST be falling.

Despite the Rambo looking dyke, this band certainly kicks a troll-sized amount of ass.

I do this every once in a while to make up for my random trolling.
Aww that was awesome. I'm so sorry I haven't started listening to this sort of thing earlier. I only really got into this type of music a few months ago, these guys sound pretty awesome.
Usually im not into folk metal, but this is really good actualy...
Read my post. Not this.
Hell yeah, I've got this thing coming in the mail soon. They're one of the only folk metal bands I really like.
This thread just made me remember that I forgot to buy Spirit yesterday when I got like 10 other metal albums. Oh well, there's always next time.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
yep, gotta agree. Really amazing stuff. best folk metal I've heard so far.
Die Sonne graut dem Morgen
Morsch sind Baum und Pfad
Die Sonne graut dem Morgen
mir ist kalt...
this sounds like newer dark tranquillity with wind instruments replacing keyboards, and i mean that in the best possible way as DT are my favorite band of all time. Wow, this stuff is amazing. I think ill shell out the big bucks to get this **** shipped to New Zealand.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
A friend turned me onto this ablum awhile ago. Fucking stellar album.
Don't analyze my beliefs & I won't pick out the flaws in yours
Page 1 of 2