Now that I can stretch my budget to $500, I have changed my mind (I'm looking for a good hard rock/metal tone; i play both bright and dark sounding songs)
My options are:

-Used Peavey 5150/6505, Marshall jcm 800/900/2000 combo, or a Mesa combo (a little harder to find one within my budget)
-Vox ad50vt or Roland Cube 60

BTW does the Jekyll and Hyde pedal really sound like a tubescreamer (+ true bypass)??

Thanks
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Judging from the prices on eBay, chances of getting a used Peavey 5150/6505, a Marshall JCM (Any of them), or a Mesa (ANY) for $500 are waaaay out of the question.

You won't need that pedal if you get any of those amps.

For you, I would suggest the Cube 60, because the AD50VT lacks the amount of proper gain in order to pull off a really damn good Metal tone that can stand to a Cube.

Nothing beats trying it out yourself, however.
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (JB/Jazz)
Roland Micro Cube

Member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join.
^I've seen some JCM heads go for 500 and below, but he'd still be out a cab, so yeah. Maybe look into cheaper valve combos instead of the token Mesa/Marshall/Peavey, eh?

And the OD on the Visual Sounds are basically a Tubescreamer clone, but if you play one next to a TS they will not sound the same. They have their differences in voice/tone, but they do the same thing...
I've seen JCM 800 combos go for around $500 on ebay, it's very hard to find them and you could be waiting a month or so. Good choice on amps as well.
Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure theres a Nigerian king just waiting for you to reply to his email
I've seen 5150's, 4010's, and dsl 401's sell under $500...
But I didn't have $500 by then

No, but seriously, I've heard you need a whole ****load of footswitches for the Roland Cube, and the Vox has mixed effects, which I hate
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?