Page 2 of 65
****in' awesome stuff.

OWN, conveniently enough, owns. I agree the vocals are not that great but the whole concept about the end of the world is executed in a way that's just great, and the I've heard worse vocals anyway. That and the production on the drums (as mentioned before, the snare doesn't sound so good) are the only complaints that I have. Great riffs, cool jazzy fill things, and cool dissonant stuff too....and NSV owns of course
Quote by StuartR
I just found this Cryptopsy - Ungentle Exhumation. Its their demo, not had a chance to get it yet though.

Wasn't this the demo they had in 93?
Bleh.

Member #3 of the I Am Canadian Club, pm colen or Mantiscabinet to join
Member #3 of the Necrophagist worshippers pm night_lights to join
Member #2 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
cryptopsy is the greatest band to ever walk the face of the earth. everyone says its just a bunch of noise but most of their stuff is imposible to play on any instrument
Thanks for that demo, it was much better than I thought it would be.

For people who have OWN: is the riffage more like the melodic stuff from NSV or the crazy atonal style from Whisper Supremacy?
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Yeah, they're more melodic. I love the intro song Luminum, btw. Some great acoustic work.
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
I'd say it's both. Some parts are pretty melodic and then some parts are narsty.
Bleh.

Member #3 of the I Am Canadian Club, pm colen or Mantiscabinet to join
Member #3 of the Necrophagist worshippers pm night_lights to join
Member #2 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
Some parts are really dischordal, but some (Particularly Pestilence, Luminum, various other parts) are not.
I love everything about NSV. I havent heard all of Whisper Supremacy, but from what I have heard it's awesome.

I was really disappointed with Once Was Not. Maybe it's because I haven't listened to it enough. But the drums are way to loud, they kinda consume it. The guitar work is great, even better is the drums didn't drown it. And the vocals...well, we all know about that don't we.
Don't you guys love the intro to Keeping the Cadaver Dogs Busy? It starts out with some smooth jazz then shoots right into some kickass brutal death metal.
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal

^I love the weird sliding sound the guitars make. They slide up onto the pickups or something... it sounds cool.
I just lietened to the demo and compared it to the songs released on the full length albums. They seemed to have tuned higher on ungentle exhumation, insted of B standard.
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal

I just started listening to them so I know close to nothing about them, and I just wanna ask: Who is the bold singer? Is it Lord Worm or who is it? I've seen him in some of the live videos while I've seen someone with long hair in the others.

And I wanna get me an album, I assume it's going to be None So Vile due to the worship of that album...
Last edited by -Alek- at Jul 3, 2006,
Lord Worm is the main singer. Alex and Floare the backup singers sometimes. But I'm loving Alex's hair.
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal

Bold or bald lol? Well, if he wasn't holding a guitar or behind a drumset, it was most likely lord worm. I think the one you are talking about is Alex Auburn. He is sort of bald, and he is one of the guitarists. Flo is the drummer, and he sometimes does backup vocals too, which I think is insane when you really think about it.
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal

Last edited by kirkisking at Jul 3, 2006,
I don't know if you misunderstand me or I misunderstand you... I just said that I've seen videos with a SINGER (without instruments) that is bald (lol), and videos with a SINGER (without instruments) that had long hair. I just asked if the bald singer was Lord Worm... I'm not talking about backup vocalists here. It's just that I've heard that there has been two main singers for Cryptopsy. Do you understand what I'm saying?
Quote by -Alek-
I don't know if you misunderstand me or I misunderstand you... I just said that I've seen videos with a SINGER (without instruments) that is bald (lol), and videos with a SINGER (without instruments) that had long hair. I just asked if the bald singer was Lord Worm... I'm not talking about backup vocalists here. It's just that I've heard that there has been two main singers for Cryptopsy. Do you understand what I'm saying?

Nope Lord Worm has long hair. Bald guy is DiSalvo who was their vocalist for 2 albums after Lord Worm left. It's really crazy that Flo does vocals too though, What are some examples of where he does vocal work?
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
Quote by AcidBath443
Nope Lord Worm has long hair. Bald guy is DiSalvo who was their vocalist for 2 albums after Lord Worm left. It's really crazy that Flo does vocals too though, What are some examples of where he does vocal work?

I think he does some vocals in Pestilence. Or was it Alex?
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal

Quote by kirkisking
I think he does some vocals in Pestilence. Or was it Alex?

Nah thats Alex. (I saw the music video )
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
TBH I think Lord Worm is kind of a meh vocalist.

He's great at growling and all, but for the most part he's kinda monotone.

*shrugs*
Quote by hepzibahbaptist
Yeah listen to Apoc. He knows what he's talking about.

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

Founder of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM me or altronataku to join
Which albums does Lord Worm do vocals on? Just picked up some of their material today and haven't had a chance to listen yet.
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Quote by Op3th
Which albums does Lord Worm do vocals on? Just picked up some of their material today and haven't had a chance to listen yet.

Blasphemy Made Flesh, None So Vile, and Once Was Not.
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal

Dear fucking god, the scream in Open Face Surgery...30 seconds of pure bliss. I nearly shit my pants.
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Pestilence was probably the worst song i've heard from them yet, mostly vocals though...haven't heard much of the new album, except own, which is pretty good...one of my favorites is easily Cold Hate, Warm Blood as well as My Prodigal Sun, and Slit Your Guts of course
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
I completely agree with Lord Worm having the best metal vocals of all time. I don't like anything except for None so Vile, but it is sheer perfection.
Quote by SuicideNation
I personally cant stand DiSalvo

I compare him to a pissed off Hetfield. :\
Best band ever.

Quote by Op3th
Dear fucking god, the scream in Open Face Surgery...30 seconds of pure bliss. I nearly shit my pants.

Yes, best scream ever. When Lacroix or DiSalvo or whoever does vocals on 'None So Live' does it, they don't hold up to Lord Worm at all. Solo is also superb. Other solo's that are amazing are the ones in 'Phobophile', 'Angelskingarden', 'Endless Cemetary', 'Cold Hate, Warm Blood'.
Quote by guitar?

BTW do not say n-i-g-g-e-r. I know some one who said lets go buy some snickers and some black guy punched him in the face.
Cryptopsy are great. They own live too.

Their new stuff is very Gorguts-y I think, with Alex Auburn taking over writing duties.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
Have their entire discography. Glad to hear they're good live, as I'll be seeing them in October. OWN is quite obviously the ownage, I'm a sucker for "Pestilence", its like death metal in a pop song or something. So catchy, I never grow tired of it. \m/
Finally I went out and bought None So Vile last week. Great ****ing album.
Read my post. Not this.