Page 4 of 65
I'm absolutely in love with the riff in Endless Cemetary that starts around 1:50, when he's doing those brutal shreiks.
i got once was not,and it's just felt ... uhh like a mess

i guess im not used to this style yet,although i like their older albums alot

plus the production realy focused on the drums instead of guitar so it just sounded like a huge mess to me .
Wolv
I downloaded None So Vile a few months ago.

At first, I was like "The drums have to be fucking computerized!".

What's the next best album by them?
Known.
Some.
Call.
Is.
Air.
Am?

Incoherent - yes.
Without meaning - I'm afraid not.

"Known some call is air am."
Which is to say-

"I am not what I used to be"
You already have NSV, so I would suggest Blasphemy Made Flesh.

Whisper Supremacy and And Then You'll Beg both had another singer besides Lord Worm, Mike DiSalvio, who actually has a more "hardcoreish" screaming type of vocal style, so I don't know if you'll like him more.

Once Was Not has Lord Worm on vocals, but many old school fans didn't really like it, and it takes a while to get used to.
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
I love once was not, and did so the first time round so idk
OWN was good the first few times but then it got kinda boring. The vocals are dreadfully bad, the drums overpower everything else, and the songs blend into each other far too much... too much filler with moments of brilliance. Not a bad album by any means though.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
i find it hard to say which is the best out of the first three albums
i would rate atyb slightly under those 3, and i havent heard enough of own to say anything about that
My sig is better than yours
Lord Worm > DiSalvo and Lacroix, its as simple as that. Also. Once Was Not is a kickass album, except for 'The Pestilence....', thats a real lowpoint I think
Quote by Stranglehold
Lord Worm > DiSalvo and Lacroix, its as simple as that.

Agreed.

Also. Once Was Not is a kickass album, except for 'The Pestilence....', thats a real lowpoint I think

Yeah, I like the song, but everything else is better on that album imo.
Quote by Stranglehold
Lord Worm > DiSalvo and Lacroix, its as simple as that. Also. Once Was Not is a kickass album, except for 'The Pestilence....', thats a real lowpoint I think

Indeed. I have no idea why they picked such a shitty song for a single.

Should've picked Adeste Infidelis if you asked me.
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal

The video for Pestilence... is horrible, I think. That just ruins an already poor song imo.
I've found Jesus
Who else here absolutely loves the chorus riff in "Keeping the Cadaver Dogs Busy"? That riff is ridiculous.

And for the record, I like "The Pestilence..."...the video pretty much ruined the song, but I don't think it necessarily brings the record down in any way.

Can't wait for the double DVD + new CD. Should be amazing.
Gear:
SX SJB62-5 5-String Fretless Jazz Copy (EADGC)
Ibanez GSR200 4-String Fretted (BEAD)
Ibanez IBZ10B 10 Watt Practice Combo Amp
DR Stainless Steel Lo-Riders
Yamaha Air Cell Straps
Serial Messiah had a hilarious beginning. Lord Worm was their only good vocalist though. I was sad to find out Levassuer left the band though.
Quote by Everybody
Plus_the_Bear is the entertainment event of the holiday season!

My rig:

Ibanez Custom Chinese Fireball
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
2 Crate solid state half-stack cabinets and ampheads.
Digitech 2000 Whammy/Wah Pedal
Dunlops Picks
Quote by Thedarkwolf
i got once was not,and it's just felt ... uhh like a mess.

Thats how I felt about it. None So Vile FTW!
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
OWN is awesome. Lord Worm isn't what he used to be, but I really don't mind his vocals on the new record.

Best song is 'In the Kingdom Where Everything Dies....' with all its erratic stop-starting and timing changes.
Quote by Davidian
I like that one to, it kinda fits my feeling of the song. Except the worm eating thats just useless.

That part was hilarious!
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal

lol

OWN is still better than anything they did with DiSalvo

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by Emenius Sleepus
lol

OWN is still better than anything they did with DiSalvo

No way. Whisper Supremacy had great music, namely Cold Hate, Warm Blood. Sure it's not Lord Worm, but it IS Flo Mounier, Eric Langlois, Miguel Roy, and Jon Levasseur.
I've found Jesus
I can see where you're coming from, but that album just didn't do it for me. It's still good of course, but it's a matter of personal preference. I guess I should have worded my other post differently

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by vashts80
Who else here absolutely loves the chorus riff in "Keeping the Cadaver Dogs Busy"? That riff is ridiculous.

And for the record, I like "The Pestilence..."...the video pretty much ruined the song, but I don't think it necessarily brings the record down in any way.

Can't wait for the double DVD + new CD. Should be amazing.

There's no DVD. It's a double album.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Are you sure the double DVD isn't Flo's Instructional DVD? I'm sure thats 2-disc.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
cryptopsy is some ****in extreme shit. i love the drums guitar and voice but the lyrics are to extreme for me. his lyrics are shit i think. but there good musicians though
Cryptopsy's lyrics are actually pretty clever.

They actually have much less to do with gore than their name and earlier song titles imply.
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal

Quote by gimme_fuel_89
OWN is awesome. Lord Worm isn't what he used to be, but I really don't mind his vocals on the new record.

Best song is 'In the Kingdom Where Everything Dies....' with all its erratic stop-starting and timing changes.

Unlike many, ı thought that Lord Worm's vocals were excellent on the last album and that it was the best comeback album anyone could hope for. It's very intense and catchy. I'll just go and say that it's my favourite Cryptopsy album, beats None So Vile imo.
I'm entitled to double post, so fück off!!!
Quote by gimme_fuel_89

OWN is si=till my fav. Cryptopsy album. I loved NSV and BMF was ok.....actually, BFM had a terrible mix which ruined it for me....
Quote by Everybody
Plus_the_Bear is the entertainment event of the holiday season!

My rig:

Ibanez Custom Chinese Fireball
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
2 Crate solid state half-stack cabinets and ampheads.
Digitech 2000 Whammy/Wah Pedal
Dunlops Picks
Quote by LedZeppelin
There's no DVD. It's a double album.

Uh...no.

Quote by Interview with Lord Worm, 2006-10-25

The Gauntlet: Well, I know interviewers have specific questions—is there anything you'd like to say, or have your audience know?

Lord Worm: Not at this point, really. Just watch for roughly this time next year, roughly October of '07 for a saturation in the marker of Cryptopsy releases. We've got a pile of things to unleash on the world this time next year.

The Gauntlet: New material?

Lord Worm: Acres.

The Gauntlet: Does that mean more than one album?

Lord Worm: How about a double? And a double DVD, with scads of extras. Including the never-seen video of, I believe it was 'Serial Messiah', filmed back in '92, so it includes Jon Levasseur and Steve Thibault. Filmed in I think Super-8. Never been transferred.

The Gauntlet: Do you have name for that upcoming release?

Lord Worm: DVD? No, but it'll be double. And, the album, if everything goes the way we think…remember when Guns 'N' Roses released parts one and two of sort of the same album, just different shades of color for the cover? Same idea: 'The Book of Suffering: Books One and Two'

From http://www.thegauntlet.com/interviews/488/Cryptopsy.html.
Gear:
SX SJB62-5 5-String Fretless Jazz Copy (EADGC)
Ibanez GSR200 4-String Fretted (BEAD)
Ibanez IBZ10B 10 Watt Practice Combo Amp
DR Stainless Steel Lo-Riders
Yamaha Air Cell Straps
*drools*

I'll be there the day it comes out.

And before you say that Lord Worm's lost it, you need to see him perform. He still sounds incredible.
I saw them live a few months ago, he sounded pretty rough, although the sound in the venue is already pretty shoddy. He definately butchered Cold Hate Warm Blood though, especially the "metamorphing to surrender" part
I find he can't do anything other than the stuff he wrote properly. Same with DiSalvo, I always found that he butchered the older Cryptopsy stuff.
Is it only me that liked DiSalvo?
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.