Page 5 of 65
Quote by Emenius Sleepus
lol

OWN is still better than anything they did with DiSalvo

+1.

Quote by duncang
Is it only me that liked DiSalvo?

Hells yes for WS. Not really for ATYB.
I don't get why people bash The Pestilence that Walketh in Darkness. I frigging love that song.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by duncang
Is it only me that liked DiSalvo?

I loved him... but doing his own material.
Quote by jumpmanhat
i wish that they used a different singer instead of Disalvo, he messed up those 2 albums, music was no doubt perfect.

Whine all you want about his vocals, Cryptopsy WANTED DiSalvo to replace Lord Worm when he left the band.
Rumor has it that Lord Worm picked DiSalvo himself to replace him. I'm not sure if that's just a rumor or if anybody in the band has confirmed that in an interview etc, but whatever.
Gear:
SX SJB62-5 5-String Fretless Jazz Copy (EADGC)
Ibanez GSR200 4-String Fretted (BEAD)
Ibanez IBZ10B 10 Watt Practice Combo Amp
DR Stainless Steel Lo-Riders
Yamaha Air Cell Straps
Lord Worm confirmed to me after a show in October that DiSalvo was picked by the band to replace him. I didn't even ask him about it, but rather mentioned how the only songs from WS and ATYB that they played were the ones that he wrote the lyrics for. The conversation then just sort of jumped to the topic of DiSalvo.

Word to the wise: If you ever have the chance to talk with Lord Worm at a show (his favourite part of performing, according to him), watch what you say to him! He owned me pretty bad when I replied to him asking how Brahma beer was ("It tastes like piss, don't drink it.") by asking me, "What, are you a urophile?"
The solos fit well.

Not that technical, but still great sounding, and flow smoothly with the music.
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
Agreed, they did feel a bit random and out of place, which is exactly why I love that album so much.
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
Quote by Davidian
Does anyone here also dislikes the solo's on non so vile?

They make kerry king sound like briljant composer...

Are you serious?! I love the solos on NSV, they're incredible! They're so melodic but so fast...the one in Orgiastic Disembowelment alone is worth the price of admission.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
They are a bit weird sounding, but it does fit the music.....though, I think I like the solos on Whisper Supremacy better.
Um...

The lyrics for Pathalogical Frolic...

They're yucky!
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Quote by kirkisking
Cryptopsy's lyrics are actually pretty clever.

They actually have much less to do with gore than their name and earlier song titles imply.

What exactly does "Cryptopsy" mean?
Umm... Examination of a Crypt?

edit: view of, viewing is the meaning of the prefix "opsy", like Autopsy or Necropsy. Crypt means... a subterranean chamber or vault, esp. one beneath the main floor of a church, used as a burial place, a location for secret meetings, etc. yea. I just felt like googling both.
I've found Jesus
Quote by Davidian
Does anyone here also dislikes the solo's on non so vile?

They make kerry king sound like briljant composer...

ordinarily I probably wouldn't bother with them, but a few do sound good. I accept their existence because they fit the album. And no matter what happens, a Cryptopsy solo is ALWAYS greater than the best King solo. At least they sound somewhat different from each other

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Does anybody know how to pronounce Flo's last name properly? I can't figure out whether it's pronounced like "Moanyay" or "Moan-yare"
Gear:
SX SJB62-5 5-String Fretless Jazz Copy (EADGC)
Ibanez GSR200 4-String Fretted (BEAD)
Ibanez IBZ10B 10 Watt Practice Combo Amp
DR Stainless Steel Lo-Riders
Yamaha Air Cell Straps
Some idiot on the myspace metal forums thinks they're thrash. Then again, the myspace forums are consumed with faggotry.
Quote by Everybody
Plus_the_Bear is the entertainment event of the holiday season!

My rig:

Ibanez Custom Chinese Fireball
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
2 Crate solid state half-stack cabinets and ampheads.
Digitech 2000 Whammy/Wah Pedal
Dunlops Picks
w00t for Spongebob referances.
Quote by Everybody
Plus_the_Bear is the entertainment event of the holiday season!

My rig:

Ibanez Custom Chinese Fireball
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
2 Crate solid state half-stack cabinets and ampheads.
Digitech 2000 Whammy/Wah Pedal
Dunlops Picks
Quote by vashts80
Does anybody know how to pronounce Flo's last name properly? I can't figure out whether it's pronounced like "Moanyay" or "Moan-yare"

I say it "Moan-ee-air", not too much emphasis on the middle "ee" though.
Quote by unfathomable_bo
I say it "Moony - ay"

This is the right way. Francais. ^
I've found Jesus
This is the second metal thread to turn into a pronounciation thread

Are you guys linguists or something?
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Mein Gott, und ich dachte, meinen Deutsch is schlecht. Ihr habt einfach Englische woerte in Babelfisch reingetippt, oder?
^LOL

Talking of German, I was really impressed at how easily Lord Worm changed langauges on OWN.
I don't see how anyone can like the vocals, it sounds like he's throwing up a little everytime he growls. Although I do kind of like Mutant Christ, cool bassline.
Dickless.