I've noticed when i go to a guitar store, only a few guitars/basses are set up, and the rest our out of tune, have a little bow in the neck, wierd/bad action etc.

dont you think theyd sell a lot better if they had them set up??

a lot of people just go to guitar stores and think "dam this guitar is so easy to fret! its gotta be way better than my 300$ guitar, and it only costs 150$!? wtf!?"
well most of the time the 150 probably isnt as good, BUT its set up well. giving the illusion that it IS better. which is how you sell a product. making the customer think (wether its true or not) that your product is the best.
so......is there a point you want to make or....
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
Why would they set up shit guitars instead of betters one if the initital reaction of the buyer is dependant on the set-up in store?
well, most guitar companys dont set up guitars because they dont make enough money to have the time to do it.

and the music stores are usually to stupid or they too dont have enough time to set up guitars/basses
depending of the size of the store, it'd take alot of time.

also they can charge extra to set it up.
psshh... these reasons arent good :P i'd go there and give them a quick set up for a little money if that was all lol.

i seriously think tho that guitar stores would get more money if they were set up, so i dont think paying som1 extra to set them up would be a bad idea.
I know they can't set up all the guitars, but you'd think they'd at least make the action playable on them.

I picked up a bass at guitar center the other day, and it had such a back bow, that the strings were resting on the frets. You couldn't even play it. So I went and gave it to them and said, you better set this up. They came back to me and gave it to me as if I wanted to buy it, totally unaware that I was trying to do them a favor.
Will most places restring a guitar if you're seriously interested? I play on 13s, and I began thinking that if I decide to get a new guitar, playing a bunch of guitars with 9's would throw off my testing a little.
guitar center is the worst. All of the guitars there are out of tune and badly in need of being setup yet none of the people there will do anything to even try and make them playable. they dont have a guitar tech that works there and if you want the guitar setup they have to send it someplace to have it done. Why would i buy a guitar thats not setup perfectly? If im going to blow $1000+ on a guitar i want the thing to play mint. I wouldnt even consider it if i pick it up and the bridge looks like a 4 year old got into his dads toolbox and attacked it.
Quote by evansut7
guitar center is the worst. All of the guitars there are out of tune

are you honestly pissed about that? why don't you go tune all 500 of the guitars, and set the universe back in motion
Quote by scheck006
I picked up a bass at guitar center the other day, and it had such a back bow, that the strings were resting on the frets. You couldn't even play it. So I went and gave it to them and said, you better set this up. They came back to me and gave it to me as if I wanted to buy it, totally unaware that I was trying to do them a favor.

i think John Swift or someone else who hangs in the bass forums said one day:

"my friends son got a mark hoppus sig for his b-day, and it had so much bow, you'd think the should have supplied arrows!"

but, do you think a smaller guitar storee would pay a guy like me (in a few years wen im 18 or so) to set them up? or would they not get me cuz im not "professional" or trained?
either way i'd probly just try to work there anyway hahah
Quote by mangablade
but, do you think a smaller guitar storee would pay a guy like me (in a few years wen im 18 or so) to set them up? or would they not get me cuz im not "professional" or trained?
either way i'd probly just try to work there anyway hahah

I'm sure if they felt it was necessary they'd have hired someone, that's just my thinking.

Of course, if you get hired normally you could do it and do a favor to the guitar world, I guess

(Seriously though, I don't mind that much taking 2 minutes to tune a guitar... except maybe a 12 string)
From experience SamAsh's guitars are somewhat all tuned, though I cant say about the ones hanging on the top, i never touch those T_T
<< ESP LTD Deluxe H-1000 w/EMGs
<< Ibanez RG220b
<< BOSS ME-50 & DS-1
<< Crate MX65R 60 WATTS
<< Ibanez IBZ10G 10 WATTS
<< Dunlop Tortex 88mm
<< KOSS PRO3AA Headphones
Quote by scheck006
are you honestly pissed about that? why don't you go tune all 500 of the guitars, and set the universe back in motion

what difference would it make if the intonation is way off? I picked up one strat and all of the screws in the bridge were set so they were screwed as far out as they would go without falling out. the action was as high as it would go and the intonation was set with each saddle straight across.