what are some really nice sounding acousticy songs that can either be fingerpicked or played normal? im just trying to find some good acoustic songs that sound really nice to play. thanks the the input!
"In the absence of light,darkness prevails."
landslide-fleetwood mac
Quote by sonixon
I'll say.
They were originally going make Claudio a part of Mount Rushmore, but the material was not tough enough to sculpt his hair out of.

Quote by thefinalcut
"St. Anger" was done in Drop Z tuning, they were trying to "out heavy" Slipknot.
Classical Gas. Preferebly Eric Clapton's version.
That song absolutely owns me.

Edit: Also, Mediterranean Sundance by Al DiMeola
If you have the skills, go for it. It has two guitars, so you can learn the rythm and the lead if you really feel like it, both are great though. It's an incredible song.
Last edited by jimm89 at Jun 16, 2006,
Quote by jimm89
Classical Gas. Preferebly Eric Clapton's version.
That song absolutely owns me.

Funny considering he's never recorded that song

(it was Mason Williams)
And yes, it is a fantastic song.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Ah, yet another oppurtunity for me to recommend John Butler.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Forgot to mention some of my contributions.

Tommy Emmanuel - There are two 90 min long radio shows that were recorded as video too on the website of the radio station; they're fantastic. www.woodsongs.com Somehwere on there, I can't find them at the moment
Leo Kottke - Some of his 12 string stuff is AMAZING
John Renbourn
Bert Jansch
Peter Finger - "A Trip Through the Pyrenees"
Ton Van Bergeyk - "Mustard Swing"
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Slow Cheetah- RHCP
Blackbird - The Beatles
Dust in the Wind - Kansas
Road Trippin' - RHCP
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by solarmoo900
the intro to nothing else matters can be played clean or acoustic and it sounds awesome. not sure how much of the song you can actually play acoustic though

You can play the whole song with the exception of the solo rhythm and lead parts. Other than that there's no trouble really.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Stairway to Heaven
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Dee by Randy Rhoads
Orange Rocker 30 Head
Orange 4x12
Warmoth Strat
Richmond Dorchester
Boss RC-50
Line 6 DL-4
Digitech Whammy 4
Zvex Mastotron
Boss RT-20
Jose Gonzales.
The Proverbial Mind Spread of The Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.
Originally posted by Draken
we're not nerds thank you very much i have a very respectable 40k imperial guard army.
Blackbird by the Beatles
Dust in the Wind by Kansas
Layla acoustic by eric clapton