What's your favorite punk song to play on the guitar?
Quote by JimmyPageda2nd
I masturbate while my parents are home anyway. Sometimes I invite everyone in the living room for a "family meeting", then spontaneusly whip it out and start beating it. I love family meetings.
California Uber Alles - DK
I Kill Children - DK
Holiday in Cambodia - DK
Rise Above - Black Flag
Lexicon Devil - The Germs
Bottled Violence - Minor Threat
Ever Fallen in Love? - Buzzcocks

And many, many more.
Anarchy In The UK is pretty funny, 'cause the solos are funny to play, and you can make fun of the way Johnny Rotten sings
Did you see the stylish kids in the riot?

Quote by pinheadslts75
I hate AVA. They sound like U2 and Rush getting beat up by Panic at the Fall Out Boy.

:stickpoke
Beef Baloney - Fear = oodles of fun

for the record, I've always liked the solo on Anarchy in the UK. I think it's a nice use of arpeggios. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

EDIT: I forgot to mention bass.

If the Violent Femmes count then add it up is the best bass song ever. I love playing it.
Last edited by Iluvpowerchords at Jun 18, 2006,
Guitar:

Yelling In My Ear-Operation Ivy
Sonic Reducer-Dead Boys
I Wanna Be Your Dog-The Stooges
Pinhead-Ramones
We Must Bleed-The Germs
No Values-Black Flag
Everything Turns Grey-Agent Orange

Bass:

When Ya Get Drafted-Dead Kennedys
Sound System-Operation Ivy
53rd & 3rd-Ramones
What I See-Black Flag
Guns Of Brixton-The Clash
Shut Down (Annhilation Man)-The Germs
i only experiment w/ guitar (im not a player) so i dont know any good songs....

but on bass i love playing any black flag (except 6 pack, that songs intro really annoys me) but my favorite songs are:

Rise Above - BF
Revenge - BF
California Uber Alles - DK
Gang Control - LOC
Jealous Again - BF

the reason i love soo many of the black flag songs is because they have some pretty simple lines that you can expand, like in Revenge after the into bass part, you can play a crazy line up the E string... and same with jealous agian, i love the beginning where you slide up the A string, but i cant really figure out the part when you are hitting the 7 on the A string and there is some other sequence, right around the lyrics at the end of the verses. it bugs me.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
none are fun because they are all power chords n power chords are not fun. crazy train is fun because tis not power chords
Quote by evh77
none are fun because they are all power chords n power chords are not fun. crazy train is fun because tis not power chords

Yeah, that's true. Every single punk song ever written uses only powerchords. You are one smart guy.
Future 86 - Bomb The Music Industry

Something about E formation 7ths is just SOO fun.
Circle that A, motherfucker!
Quote by evh77

Crazy Train isn't that hard. Try keeping up with some Brian Setzer.
Quote by evh77

how would you like it if we went and spammed up the classic rock forum and started making fun of all the shite bands you listen to?
yeah...umm punk isn't meant to be complicated so that dude is an idiot
punk is meant to get the point across and do what u love to do...
I LOVE TO PLAY POWER CHORDS...THEY ARE A GIFT OF GOD! so he doesnt know what he is talking about anyway
Quote by somepunkkid
Knowledge and Jaded

They aren't punk!! *shock!*
I guess I gotta say Blitzkrieg Bop, just cause it's great to shout hey! ho! Let's Go!
Or American Jesus! i think someone already mentioned that one though
Originally Posted by jajp001
White man came (Cumming noise)
Across the sea (Wow!!!)
Brought us pain (Right in the eye, it was)
And misery ( Points to pregnant sister)
Run to the hills, iron maiden
actually, "get off my back" by the casualties is really fun. i play that song like 3 times a day. so are knowledge, anarchy uk, and blitzkreig bop. theyre all really easy too
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
^ Forget it.

I'll bet he listens to the Greatful Dead.

Um I listen to the Greatful Dead...
"This shit here's called Death"
"What the fuck? You mean I'm gonna hit this shit and die?"
"No Nigga! I said Deaf. You hit this and you aint gonna hear shit!"
Quote by JohnnyNapalm
Um I listen to the Greatful Dead...

Are you sure you're a crusty?

Anyway, I probably shouldn't be talking. I listen to Nirvana, Gorillaz and the All American Rejects.
I have all the Green Day albums and Bullet in a Bible. I frickin rock.
Quote by gunsnspaghetti
They aren't punk!! *shock!*

He was talking about Op Ivy. Green Day covered Knowledge, and both bands just happen to have a song called Jaded.
That song 'Detachable Penis' I don't know why though...
Quote by JMack
Fallinsuburbia is a very intelligent user. Trust him.

Quote by Red.Washburn77

fallinsuburbia looks like an old Egyptian pharoh, carrying a Les Paul Custom, and, while he's only 10, he gets all the girls for looking seven years older than he actually is...