I have a vintage tremolo system, and I understand that the notes only can go down, around half step.

I was wondering if it is possible to make the notes bend UP too without incorporating double locking system.

And also to allow a greater range when using the bar, how?
To do both of those, you will need a floating trem. If you want to do it to your current guitar, you would need to buy the trem and either route it yourself, or take it to a pro, depending on your abilities. The trem (lets say an Original Floyd Rose for example) would run around $170-$190 and installation could be from $150-$250 depending on where you get it done.
Not true. You can simply loosen the springs in the back of the guitar, so that the trem floats, and you can pull up and down at will.
^That's why I locked mine down. But the fact reamins that it can be done
So how can I loosen the springs at the back of my guitar?

How can I make it hold tune after doing those crazy stuff (yea with a vintage, just shoot me)

Is there anything that I need to pay special attention when doing so and the consequences of loosening the springs?
Quote by Invictious
How can I make it hold tune after doing those crazy stuff (yea with a vintage, just shoot me)

Make sure the nut is well lubricated; and having locking tuners helps, too.
Quote by Invictious
So how can I loosen the springs at the back of my guitar?

Turn the two big screws in the cavity anticlockwise; only a few turns; then retune and check how big the gap is at the back of the bridge. It should be (very close to) 3 mm, when the guitar is properly tuned. And remember, when the bridge is floating, you will need to retune about five times before the strings will stay in tune.
Ok, i just did it, how can i increase the range? I can only go down about a tone and up nearly a tone

Also, if i push the whammy bar too near the body will anything break? Same with the other way (i know the strings can break) but will anything break if i divebomb and force more than 2 semitones?
Nothing except the strings should break. If anything else breaks, you need your guitar looked at.
^^ If anything else broke I thing your guitar would probably be well and truly f*cked, and so probably beyond being "looked at".
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Quote by im_hungry

I wrote "the" instead of "your" on purpose; but it didn't seem to help.
Quote by mr_hankey
I wrote "the" instead of "your" on purpose; but it didn't seem to help.

So how else would I go increasing the range of the trem, it can only go 2 semitones up and down.
right, i just did something weird which I forgot, and now I can shift the pitch of my high e string 4 semitones up and down

I seem to have to use a lot of force to push it beyond 2 semitones though.. but still, I can do semi divebombs on my low e strings (until its very slack) and when it returns, there is some loss, but good enough :P
Not worth it, the floyd rose itself is probably already worth more than my guitar, but still, 4 semitones for a vintage
I thought it was Jimi Hendrix.

How the hell did EVH make it divebomb anyway, even with my modded trem, 4 semitones is barely a divebomb, unless it's the lower strings
when the bar's touching the pickguard on a vintage shouldnt it be more then 4 semitones? im sure mine can go way more
My is made of cheap metal and it is vintage.
I am measuring from the top e string...
If it was the low e string then I can go much further.