which way do you mount EMG zakk wylde pickups in a left handed guitar? like, which way is the EMG sign supposed to face?

tahnks
jus do em normally, ther ceramic so as far as i kno ther arent any specific windings for either string.
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
okay i put them on, and they work, but when i remove my han from the strings and stop playing, theres this really really really loud humming noise coming out. could it be ground?
i have 2 pedals, but neither of them are making noise. with the old pickups, there was a ground wire, maybe i need to solder it somewhere.

plus, even with my OD on, i get very litle gain compared to my old pups. these are EMGs, so somethings wrong
take both pedals out of your chain so just leave it as amp -> guitar see if you still get loud hum. also im not too sure but i think that emgs didnt need to be grounded
ok, if you were to be grounded i think one wire should attach to your stoptail piece and the other to the back of the volume pot
im not too sure if they are meant to be grounded. what cable are you using? is it on all channels of your amp? have you tried the guitar through a different amp?
the amp and the rest is fine, it was working fine right before i changed the pups.

i know its the pups. ****ing pups
Like AZN said, check the solder connections, make sure the shielding from the EMG pickup wires is securely connected to the back of a pot. Also make sure you are NOT hooking up the ground wires from the brigde. The EMG pups are not supposed to use the bridge ground.

Make sure your battery is fresh too.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
wow.....^ you haven't been around in a while. have a drink.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
hey there joel, thanks bro

lotsa things going on in the homefront this month, so I've been on a lot less, but I check in pretty periodically.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
once every 35 seconds. or was it years. no it was every 108mins. damn lost. ruined my mind...
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel