hey. i have a photo of this paint. its some enamel stuff. would it be suitable to paint a guitar with. it says quick dry enamel for use on wood and metal. ???
anyway heres the pic and cheers to anyone who helps.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
not that i know anything about paining guitars but with the spray can chances are it will come out looking seedy, unless thats what your going for
"Rape is no laughing matter... Unless your raping a clown" t-shirt hell
Enamel isn't a good finish for guitars, i'd avoid it. It can be rubbery and have problems with oxidization and cracking over time. I wouldn't use it.
ok. what would you recomend? is acrylic paint alright. i know it finisheds and lasts well but is it alright for guitars?
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
yeah car paint comes in two types - acrylic (or poly) and epoxy. epoxy is harder, stronger, tougher and better. but harder to paint with and more expensive.
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Quote by joel_grieve
yeah car paint comes in two types - acrylic (or poly) and epoxy. epoxy is harder, stronger, tougher and better. but harder to paint with and more expensive.

Don't use epoxy based paint it's super toxic don't spray it without a booth.
http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.php?showtopic=1892
read through that and decide what you want to use.

I've used powerplus auto paint in a can, it gives decent results but not factory (may be the idiot applying it). It isn't the hardest finish out there either.
i never said i would use epoxy. it tears up you lungs and unless you got a booth its useless.

dunno. my nan woeks in a paint store. i'll ask her about arylic.
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel