Hey,

Basicaly im a rookie who's going through the stage (if it can be called that) of playing intro's to all his favourite songs and is now starting to develop his chord working and finger posistioning. i was wondering what guiatr i should get because i am sick and tired of playing my brothers crappy squier. Im into alot of older rock music (such as aerosmith, guns n roses etc etc) and also some heavier stuff (like A7x and Metallica) and softer stuff does not go amiss either. alot of requirements i know but are there any guitars in particular i should look out for? links are appreciated. budget wise im looking at no more than £300 (about $570 usd) and should be a package rather than just a guitar.

Thank you
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
i must say i do like the epi les pauls although i have never actually played one
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
well in terms of packages you generally get a crap guitar so if you already have an amp I'd get an Epiphone Les Paul. If you dont then just have a look for packages and make sure whatever guitar you get has a humbucker.
My Gear:
Epiphone SG
Vintage SG
Stagg Strat (With replaced hardware and a Duncan Invader )
Hohner Strat
No name Acoustic
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Boss DS-1
Roland Cube 60
Wires and patch cords and stuff..
stevie b - yeh i was worried about the quality of guiatrs in packages.
el codyo - any idea how much that would set me back?
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
Quote by (insertnamehere
stevie b - yeh i was worried about the quality of guiatrs in packages.

That wouldn't be a package, it would be a deal organized with your guitar store.

Check out the Ibanez S/SZ series, they are fairly well suited for your requirements.

Schecter also have a nice range in the same price range.
thanks for that pokescab ill check the ibanez out
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
Epiphone Les Paul Standard and a Roland Cube 30 should be a good deal.
When I heard smoking would kill me, I bought shares in Dunhill and Marlboro - Thomas Geraghty

If we don't change it, nothing will fucking change.