hey,

are there any another artist signature padals - beside the pedels from Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton and The weapon?
What do you think in general of signarure pedels...are the any good or just overpriced?

keep on playing
dickeskind
ya man lots more. Scott ian has a Digitech pedal. Then Crybabys Slash,Zakk Wylde, Dime, Jimi Hendrix all have custom Crybabys. Then Dime, Zakk both have MXR pedals ie wylde overdrive and Dime Distortion. EVH has a FLanger and a Phaser by MXR. Morley has custom wah wahs for Vai and Tremonti. there are tons of artist pedals
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
ya the new slash wah seems alot like the new GCB 95Q just with a few extra controls. and its not button activated its auto on off which is pretty cool
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
^Why?

And with sig pedals you're either paying for the name or paying for effects that you won't use.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
The only ones that I'd really accept as good are the Morley wahs (Steve Vai's Bad Horsie and Mark Tremonti's one) are good, other than that the Dimebag Crybaby isn't that bad (the Zakk Wylde one sucks though, and the Slash one is way overpriced), the Hendrix one is also ok.

the MXR Dimebag Distortion is practically a Boss SD1 (which is much cheaper). No idea about the Dimebag distortion but I'd rather get something else anyway.
The MXR EVH flanger is ok as I think its their only current reissue of the thing? (edit, nope they've still got the regular one, you pay extra for the EVH paintjob and a button that automatically sets it to the "Unchained" settings, not worth it IMO)
I'd rather take the regular MXR phaser and mod it a switch to remove the feedback resistar than pay extra for the EVH one...

practically everything Digitech makes sucks (except the Whammy and possibly their looper pedal)
Last edited by seljer at Jun 24, 2006,
Quote by seljer
the MXR Dimebag Distortion is practically a Boss SD1 (which is much cheaper). No idea about the Dimebag distortion but I'd rather get something else anyway.

Not really understanding? Im guessung that the first dime distortion is a Zakk Wylde Sig OD?
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
Umm...I dont like any of Digitech's sig. models... Like RHCP said youre paying for the name not the sound.
Quote by lookie here
Not really understanding? Im guessung that the first dime distortion is a Zakk Wylde Sig OD?

yeah

Wylde overdrive = Boss SD1 prettymuch, only a couple of small difference in part values
thanks for the answers!!!
i've heard of that Whammy....what exactly can you do with that pedal?
^Anything you could do with a whammy bar
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
And with the whammy you could harmonize melodies or riffs
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
Has anyone here played the Clapton one? I was thinking about getting it.
Quote by srv_king

i heard it wasn;t that good.
My Gear:

Epi Les Paul Standard
Fender 48th Street Strat
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Martin Koa Acoustic
Some crappy unnamed bass
Quote by guitarfreek909
i heard it wasn;t that good.

Wrong. I have it at work and mess with it all the time. It really nails all of those classic Clapton tones. BUT its like 140USD, and you wouldnt want to get it unless you REALLY wanted to sound like Clapton.

And the Digitech Whammy pedal isnt a sig. model...its just a pedal.
Quote by srv_king

It's probably not gonna' nail those tones perfectly, just get you slightly close, def not the real thing.
And do you even want Clapton tones? Or are you just fascinated by the wonders which are signature pedals?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30