well, i'm going to buy a new guitar. i already have a squier strat
and a yamaha apx5a. But its time for a change. the fender telecaster (500 euros, mexican or wathever) or the epiphone les paul (500 euros), the best alternative from the real gibson (the shop says). those are one of the guitars i am willing to buy. but i cant choose, think i need youre help here. I play JIMI!!, dire straits, beatles,...
help plz
hmm either would be good, but probably the Tele is better suited to it. Why not try both out?
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
I also say tele.
Currently Playing:
1986 H-H Contemporary Fender Telecaster
Backup:
Ibanez Ex Series
Customized SSS Starter Stratocaster
telecaster
Fender Highway1 USA Stratocaster
Fender FM65R 65w amplifier
Ibanez Tubescreamer 9 Overdrive pedal
depends on which tele and which model epi.

type of music u play, if u want humbuckers or singles.

also what amp are u using.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
depends on which tele and which model epi.

type of music u play, if u want humbuckers or singles.

also what amp are u using.

he said all that exept for the amp ... read first!
sigh, he didnt say which epi. which tele other than its made in mex, didnt say amp or if he wants humbuckers or singles.

i KNOW he said what type of music he wants to play, but i dont know if his other guitars and going to cut it.
it depends what he needs to use this guitar for.

but thanks for joining in.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Its a about a Fender standard telecaster (420 euros) specs:

Neck 1-Piece Maple, Modern "C" Shape,
(Satin Polyurethane Finish)
Fingerboard Maple, 9.5" Radius (241 mm)
No. of Frets 21 Vintage Style Frets
Pickups 2 Standard Tele® Single-Coil Pickups
(Neck & Bridge)
Controls Master Volume, Master Tone
Pickup Switching 3-Position Blade:
Position 1. Bridge Pickup
Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups
Position 3. Neck Pickup
Bridge Standard 6-Saddle String-Thru-Body Bridge
Machine Heads Fender®/Ping® Standard Cast/Sealed
Tuning Machines
Hardware Chrome
Pickguard 3-Ply White
Scale Length 25.5"(648 mm)
Width at Nut 1.650" (42 mm

lol

and the Epiphone Les Paul standard (420 euros)

1A-copy of the original for a mega-price - authorized by Gibson, U.S.A.!! Mahogany body with
maple top, 2x HU, glued-in neck with trapezoid
inlays.
In cherry sunburst with chrome hardware.

Amp: Fender deluxe 900 DSP

it will be used to play the solo guitar
Don't get the Epiphone ..but perhaps try out a MIM Strat? Teles are great, but perhaps a strat is more suited to your style.
ok the reason i asked is because the epi is a deep sounding, 2 humbucker heavy rock, thick necked, heavy bodied guitar.
(that model is good for the money.) u might eventually want a pickup upgrade but thats not a problem.

and the tele is a lighter, alder/ash body, thinner necked, higher twang sounding 2 single coil guitar. usually used for punk, pop rock, country, classic, southern rock types of music.

u might prefer a humbucker in the bridge telecaster. thats got the tele shape and some brightness, but will let u click over for a heavier sound when u need it. maybe something more versatile, will get u all the sounds u want.

but both are nice guitars, sometimes epi switches fail, but thats usually a quick fix.
of the bands u listed the tele will get u there better.
so its up to u as far as style goes.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

thank you, youre smart
I'll be sure to check them both wisely
but i'm not really feeling like buying a fender strat because i have the squier and i want a chage
Quote by jj1565
ok the reason i asked is because the epi is a deep sounding, 2 humbucker heavy rock, thick necked, heavy bodied guitar.
(that model is good for the money.) u might eventually want a pickup upgrade but thats not a problem.

and the tele is a lighter, alder/ash body, thinner necked, higher twang sounding 2 single coil guitar. usually used for punk, pop rock, country, classic, southern rock types of music.

u might prefer a humbucker in the bridge telecaster. thats got the tele shape and some brightness, but will let u click over for a heavier sound when u need it. maybe something more versatile, will get u all the sounds u want.

but both are nice guitars, sometimes epi switches fail, but thats usually a quick fix.
of the bands u listed the tele will get u there better.
so its up to u as far as style goes.

yeh the switch on my epi dies every once in a while but i got it working again i say got for the tele ive played them and im probably gonna a get one after i upgrade my amp
[member of UG's Slide Player Legion
PM Shedmeiser101 to join if your feelin dem blues
epis are nice. and they have a certain sound and feel. if that's what ur after, go for it.

but just realize ur compromising, as far as specific sounds that guitar will make.

edit: u know what? check out the epi ULTRA. its chamberred, looks just like the standard except its lighter. that might give u the epi looks u want and the brighter tone u crave.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Last edited by jj1565 at Jun 17, 2006,
yeah get one of those telecasters that has dual humbuckers and then put in the coil tap so oyu can get the single coil sounds. it's like the best of both worlds.
probly the tele based on ur style of music.

also, i know u want a change, but a nice strat would fit ur needs verrry well...
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
mim fenders are pretty awesome value much better than a standard epi les paul
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
I just had to make this same desicion, I went with the Epiphone Les Paul Classic, and its exactly what I needed, though I may put some differnt pickups in it, these don't sound too bad though. I may get a Telecaster someday, though.