i love the humbucker they put in this guitar,but i'd like to add a little more beef at the neck position. if i put a hot rail in the neck pickup is that going to upset the balance that fender has set up or can you just mix and match pickups at will.
hmmm.... it will change sounds when you have s-1 switching on (if its on this model) when your pickup switch is at the neck and at the neck + middle position
well it'll definately change the balance. sometimes that a good thing tho.

what type of music do u play?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
well that makes things easier ffor sure.

but hotrails and stacked pups sound like Hot singles. so it depends on what sound ur going for.

ive got a mixed up MIM, with a stacked YM neck, a Stacked Virt vintage dimarzio and a hotrails bridge.

its fine to mix them up. again its just preference.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i want that fat neck pickup tone you get from a humbucker,isnt that what hot rails do.
Thats what they aim to do, but you will NEVER get a true bucker tone out of a single coil or single coil sized humbucker. Try and find a guitar that has a rail/stacked SC and try it out. They will definately give you a beefier tone.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
you could always get a new pickguard and put a hum in the neck as most us strats are h/s/h routed