i'm currently into playing red hot chilli peppers, nirvana, greenday, muse and system of a down songs. i'm planning to get my hands on an Ibanez RG350EX. would that suit my musical taste? or are there more suitable guitars than that for me? btw, please don't suggest anythin more than the price of the RG350EX. Thanks
did u want a trem guitar?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I liked the RG350 a lot when I played it, and in fact I almost got it. BUT you're going to hear a lot of people say shaky things about the Edge III trem. You could look at the S470 (or the SA/SZ series depending on what kind of trem you want). I personally like the SZ's a lot, but I'm not a huge locking-trem fan either. I think there's definitely some there in your price range. In a non-ibanez brand, you could look into epiphone, and you might be able to find a mex-fender in that range, most likely if you look used.
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Breedlove AD25/SM Acoustic
Chandler Les Paul w/Duncan Alnico II-Pro & Pearly Gates
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He's like Elton John but with a guitar, more stylish clothes, and not gay.
a les paul with EMG's maybe. do you need/want a trem?
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
For as far as I know: Green Day plays on Gibson, and SOAD plays on Ibanez. I like those Ibanez' very much, so why don't you get one?
rhcp plays on fender, gretsch and muse well he plays custom manson and nirvana he plays fenders
i would say buy a fender hss strat and you'll be able to sound like all of those bands pretty well
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Don't get the RG350, Joel Grieve will be in here in a second to tell you how bad the trem on it is. Basically, it'll wear out within six months.
well, for now i don't really use the trem much. if i got the rg350 and removed the trem, would that be a good option?
it would cost a bit to have it removed and replaced with a fixed bridge. you might aswell just buy a hardtail guitar
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
so my best bet is a rg321? if i get the rg350 but don't use the trem much, would the tuning stay intact longer?
generally most cheap guitars with decent trems suck because ur paying for the trem not the guitar
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
Quote by saberrocks
For as far as I know: Green Day plays on Gibson, and SOAD plays on Ibanez. I like those Ibanez' very much, so why don't you get one?

Daron (SOAD) USED to use Ibanez, he now uses a 61 reissue Gibson Sg
For the Chilli's, I love the chunky sound of the fender jaguar for the rhythm, also that would sound sexy for playing nirvana and green day stuff. Although for muse and system you probably would want higher output pickups on a different guitar. i find that if you are looking for a guitar to play all diferent genres of music on, ibanez is always a safe bet. You get the chunky tone for the softer stuff, but you can still get that screaming lead and great sustain. Floyd rose trems are also really useful.
Quote by samurai_jack
For the Chilli's, I love the chunky sound of the fender jaguar for the rhythm, also that would sound sexy for playing nirvana and green day stuff. Although for muse and system you probably would want higher output pickups on a different guitar. i find that if you are looking for a guitar to play all diferent genres of music on, ibanez is always a safe bet. You get the chunky tone for the softer stuff, but you can still get that screaming lead and great sustain. Floyd rose trems are also really useful.

yeh floyds are great when its a good floyd and not an el cheapo model.
I would say a Fender Strat or Tele would suit you well for those music styles.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?