i'm gonna make a guitar this summer and i'm wondering where i can by material for it.

do they sell alder wood at home depo or something. help is apreciated.
No they sell body blanks. Neck blanks. Basically anything you would ever need to make a custom guitar. If they cant get, or dont have what you are looking for, then they probably dont make it.
www.lmii.com is cheaper than stewmac. They don't have all the electronics and hardware options that stewmac does, but what they do have is cheaper.

Depending on your country I have freinds that might be able to help you out too.
Not taking any online orders.
God damn Cord, I just found my new favorite suppliers website. They are alot cheaper. But do you friends work in America???
In the getting started on customizing sticky there are tons of links of suppliers.
Quote by ClaptonRules
God damn Cord, I just found my new favorite suppliers website. They are alot cheaper. But do you friends work in America???

Some of them. What exactly are you looking for?
Quote by CorduroyEW
www.lmii.com is cheaper than stewmac. They don't have all the electronics and hardware options that stewmac does, but what they do have is cheaper.

Depending on your country I have freinds that might be able to help you out too.

know any decent places for the Uk?
Quote by ClaptonRules
Body blanks. Neck blanks. Basically anything I can get my hands on.

But what type of wood. Mahogany, bubinga, bloodwood, wenge, Goncalo Alves, Rosewood, Ebony, Monkeypod, Honduran rosewood, bocote, wamara, cocobolo??? There are a lot of options. What exactly are you looking for?

Quote by slashnmash

know any decent places for the Uk?

I don't really have any "hookups" in the UK. Just your typical websites. http://www.touchstonetonewoods.co.uk is where most luthiers round here buy their wood. If you order from them often enough they give discounts but for the average person you have to pay full retail. I do carry some rosewood, mahogany, maple, and wenge as well as some odds and ends but the only thing I carry in Large amounts is spruce. I'll cut you a deal if you need something that I have.
Last edited by CorduroyEW at Jun 18, 2006,