I watched the film 'Once Upon a Time in Mexico' a few months back and loved the soundtrack in particular. So I bought it. Then a little while after that I bought 'Total Overdose' for my PS2. Cracking game, if anyone's interested.

Anyway, enough about me. What I'm asking for, to fuel my new found like of all things Mexican, is music that is either by Mexican bands or has been clearly influenced by the culture in some way. I'm talking hip-hop, rock, punk, whatever.

There were some music credits in the Total Overdose booklet so I'm going to check those bands aout too. I know it might be a fairly obscure subject but any help is appreciated.
Check out Chingon - Malaguena Salerosa

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
Calexico, Los Lobos and Rodrigo y Gabriella are the only ones I can think of at the moment.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
ill nino...

edit: oops, never mind, they're from brazil
Holy crap, my UG account still exists?
Last edited by soulfly_freak at Jun 17, 2006,
ah yeah, Fobia is another good band, I think they're from mexico. They are rock-ish, though have softer songs. haven't heard them in a while so I dont quite remember, worth checking out though.

Also Mana is another good band you can check out.
Quote by BodaciousBob
Check out Chingon - Malaguena Salerosa

Hell yes, some of the rockier covers of that song own, especially that one.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Thanks for the recommendations. I have heard of a few of those, namely Los Lobos (through The Drips, and I remember the name being around before then, but can't get the music in my head).

Molotov I think are in the Total Overdose soundtrack. As are a band/group called Delinquent Habits. Anyone know them? Will try all those bands when I get chance, thank you.
Tito and Tarantula are amazing bluesy rock as heard in from dusk till dawn and desperado i think.

Los Lobos are incredible as well
Read my post. Not this.
Hmmm... I wonder whether Rammstein's song Te Quiero Puta- lyrics all in Spanish and featuring a mariachi band- counts.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by kryptonite22
Thanks for the recommendations. I have heard of a few of those, namely Los Lobos (through The Drips, and I remember the name being around before then, but can't get the music in my head).

Los Lobos did 'La Bamba'

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by bajeda

Ska-P (Argentinian Ska)
!

I'm pretty sure that they're Spanish
Quote by andrewbiles
Los Lobos did 'La Bamba'

was it not Ritchie Valens?
Read my post. Not this.
^ It's one of those really old songs like 'miserlou' that really no one can claim, but Ritchie did release it first (in the 50s/60s - can't remember), Los Lobos did it in the 80s.

RateYourMusic