I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I had no idea where to put it. Anyway, what in the hell is MIDI? I've tried looking it up, and from what I've seen, it sounds like a synth, but I'm not sure if that's correct. I would like a synth, but if MIDI is cheaper, that'd be great. The only thing is, I've seen products with "MIDI control", but what is it controlling? If you get something with MIDI control, is that like getting a synth?
Quote by TweekGuitar
They are not heavy metal. They are pussy metal. They worship god.
Will people stop invading my threads and asking moronic questions like the person above me did? Mid is how much volume the middle frequencies of your guitar are given. But if you wanted to know you should've made your own thread you ****ing noob.
Quote by TweekGuitar
They are not heavy metal. They are pussy metal. They worship god.
Quote by i_am_jimi
Will people stop invading my threads and asking moronic questions like the person above me did? Mid is how much volume the middle frequencies of your guitar are given. But if you wanted to know you should've made your own thread you ****ing noob.

Your just pissed off because no ne replied to your thread, get a life, trying playing guitar, its cool.

Midi stands for Musical Instrument Digital Interface.

It is a standard devised to allow differant pieces of hardware to communicate with each other.

The most common use is Synthesizers. A rackmount synthesizer basically only produces sound, it receives a midi signal from a source that contains the code of the note or group of notes to be produced (there are not just 12 they have the codes for differant octaves to).

Basically the point of this was that you could buy one synth and have multiple buy a source that suited you i.e. a midi keyboard that outputs a signal, a guitar with a midi pickup or a sequencer which is a computer that outputs a set of notes youve programmed into it in a order you assigned proucing a melody. The revers is that you could have one source and multiple synths, i.e. you've found midi keyboard that is perfect for you has great feel etc. then you only use that one buy plug it into differant synths made by any manufacturer.

MIDI is now also used to control effects and amps by having a pedals that output these signals but they dont trigger notes they trigger an action.