odd question this, but maybe true,

i left my Epi LP custom in my car for about 3 hours the other day, and well, it was baking hot outside and even worse in the car, when i was playing it after, it wouldnt stay in tune but after a while its tuning integrity was a little better, could this of happened because of the wood of the guitar expanding? or cause Epi's Groover tuners arnt the ol'breast in the world?

thanks!
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
Grovers are excellent tuners. It might be because of wood-changes. Take it to the electric guitar forum though, better answers

Edit: HAHAHA, im so ****ing far out

I thought i was in the pit
Last edited by taper_fra_nord at Jun 17, 2006,
it might have even been your strings. heat causes metal to expand, so maybe they had expanded slightly and gone out of tune
yeh i forgot to write that down, could of been
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
Quote by Zeds.Ded
odd question this, but maybe true,

i left my Epi LP custom in my car for about 3 hours the other day, and well, it was baking hot outside and even worse in the car, when i was playing it after, it wouldnt stay in tune but after a while its tuning integrity was a little better, could this of happened because of the wood of the guitar expanding? or cause Epi's Groover tuners arnt the ol'breast in the world?

thanks!

That could definitely be what happened. Weather is a huge factor in the way your gu itar plays. Extreme heat, dampness, or cold can all do different things to your guitar. I think extreme heat can cause the neck to expand and/or shift, which is probably what happened to you. It wouldnt stay in tune because it takes a while for the guitar to adjust to room temperature conditions after being in such hot weather. I wouldnt leave yuor guitar around liek that again, too much heat and/or dampness can warp the neck.

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
thanks for the advice man
- Jimi Hendrix

- Mitch Hedberg
no problem

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.