can anyone give me an idea on whether the wi66pro orwi65 pro would be a good upgrade and if so where i could get them or whether i should go for some kind of ibanez. i play anything from ac/dc and jimi hendrix to metalica and heavy metal stuff. at the moment i have a squier strat and i am trying to spend under £500 on the new guitar\

ps i have a fender frontman 15r if that helps
You might want to consider saving up for a better amp.....you're not going to get good tones out of the frontman....do you have any pedals with it atleast?

As for the guitar, I've heard the washburns are good, but have no experience with them. I would also recommend the Ibanez SZ (320 or 520, up to you!). Amazing guitars!
dude one of my friends owns a washburn and he enjoys it. i heard so many good things about washburn guitars.
The 66 is an AWESOME guitar. Versatility, majorly. The stock pups (SD '59's and Custom Custom) are sexy... It's a great upgrade guitar. However, if you want access to the 24th fret, look for something Ibanez and Schecter.
awsome thanks

only thing about upgrading the amp is that i have no idea what makes a good amp and if 30wats is to loud for just practising on
Dude, if you get a washburn, don't make it a maverick series. IT SUCKS. I've borrowed one from a pal, since i haven't a guitar of my own at the moment, and i hate it. There's something about the low notes on the high strings that sounds acoustic, no matter how much distortion you use. It may be twin humbucker, and the high frets sound good (as long as you don't touch the lower strings) but i just don't like it. Urk!! Don't get one. Get a BC.Rick Warlock Bronze instead. Cheap and the best guitar i've ever played!!
I own 2 washburns aWIpro66G and a Maverick BT-6 and love them both. The stacked P-90s in the ProG are sweet and has a thin neck so I had to lighten up on pressing down on the strings but I love it.

Hey Sharp as Steel, all the mavericks are NOT the same. I traded a MIM Strat for a Maverick BT-6 it has Seymore Duncans HSH with Floyd Rose Locking tremelo and a 5-way switch. Dude this axe plays awesome and I wouldn't trade it for anything. They were made only in 96 or 98 and is a total quality guitar. If you can find one check it out. I have played other Mavericks and they sucked. This one is a dream.
Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Dude, if you get a washburn, don't make it a maverick series. IT SUCKS. I've borrowed one from a pal, since i haven't a guitar of my own at the moment, and i hate it. There's something about the low notes on the high strings that sounds acoustic, no matter how much distortion you use. It may be twin humbucker, and the high frets sound good (as long as you don't touch the lower strings) but i just don't like it. Urk!! Don't get one. Get a BC.Rick Warlock Bronze instead. Cheap and the best guitar i've ever played!!

This man knows nothing. Bronze series B.C Rich's are some of the worst guitars ever.

I own a Washburn WI65Pro and it's an awesome guitar. If you want my full analysis then check out the review I wrote here on UG. It's a great guitar and it would serve you well.
holy crap, i thought i was the only one with a wi66prog. when i first saw it the gold top turned me off a little, till i got my grubby little hands on it and heard what it sounded like, then it followed me home.