how do i fit tapping into a solo? like...whenever i try, it sounds liek crap...im using the same scale to do it also...am i missing something?
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
probably.
Make sure it's clean and pefect until you try to do it. And try to spread it out, like tap :
------(t)12----p5-----h8------ on any string, rather than having all the notes close together.
It's a difficult skill, and takes lots of practise, think of things like Joe Satriani's Midnight for clean, and Paul Gilbert's intro to 'Green Tinted 60's mind' which is a very good example of tapping, which isn't terribly hard.
hope that helps
JM
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
that actaully helped quite a bit, thanks
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
It doesn't have to be a long run like in Eruption or anything. Tapping should be another tool that's used inconspicously during solos. When you do tap, make sure there's no big gap to adjust to tapping position and back.
Whether you like shred or not, Vai and Petrucci have some very good examples of tapping in a solo. They throw it in there as just a short burst, and like NotAJock2Day said, inconspicously.
You know the bitter comes out better on a stolen guitar
You're the BLESSED, we're the Spiders from Mars!

Member 3 of the "Mick Ronson Is an extremely Awesome Guitar Player" Fanclub. PM ThePurpleRabbit to join.