i just got a new peavey valveking 112 like a month ago, and i play in a band with high gain, and pretty high volumes. ive noticed that i get tons of feedback from the amp. I play a tokai love rock(lespaul copy). I tried the amp through my buddys gibson sg special, and it still buzzes like hell. so, i decided to look into a noise supressor pedal. Ive read a lot about the ISP decimator, and everyone says its amazing, unfortunately, i dont have that kind of money right now, i also looked at a Boss NS-2, its a bit cheaper, but hows the quality?

can you guys help me out? should i just save up for a decimator, or do i just get the boss now?

o and by the way, i dont use any pedals, just the onboard gain on the amp, will it still cut out the feedback?
maybe look into the MXR smart gate its not so bad of a pedal.
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
I have heard alot of good things about the ISP decimator but u r right it is kinda pricey i guess. And th eonly way i can get one is order online, my local shop cant get it. That being said, the ns-2 by boss is actually a decent pedal. I played with it a few times at the store and it seemed really decent. Im not sure how it compares to the others, but i do know that it does a pretty good job of cutting hums, unwanted feedback, and minor string noises.
Slowhand 03/23/07
The UG Eric Clapton Fan Club

PM clapton-floyd to join
I agree with syn harvest...i was getting tons of extra **** through my amp so i bought the mxr and i think its a great pedal.
Strength Determination Merciless Forever
Long Live the Doom Crew
I'd say save up and get the ISP. My XXX gave me feedback worse then any other amp I've played but the ISP just kills it all. It's a wonderful pedal, very easy to use, little costly, but all around I'd say it's the best noise supressing pedal.
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112
the boss sucks. i own it and an isp decimator. i've been trying to sell the ns-2 for months. $120 isn't crap. go mow some lawns and you can get that much in a couple days.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
the boss is a pile of crap, both the guitarist in my local hardcore band use it, and both of them hate it....the guy with emgs cant set the threshhold high enough for the output of the guitar..its gay.
so how much is the decimator exactly, and from what online store can you get it, i know that musiciansfriend doesnt carry it...
Quote by lespaul_jube
so how much is the decimator exactly, and from what online store can you get it, i know that musiciansfriend doesnt carry it...

type in isp decimator in google?

Seriously, why cant people do that.

music123 has them i think
$120 at music123.com
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile