I was wondering what is the best practice amp in the 100-150 dollar range in canadian dollars. I play mostly hard rock and 80's metal and needed something to replace my Peavey RAge 158 until Christmas (Vox Valvetronix ) Any suggestions?
the vox valvatronix would really be the way to go... but if you can deal with it... maybe the five watt version
its right in your price range and should be good till you get the bigger version
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
The roland mini cube is $125 USD now. I'm not sure how much that is in Canadian.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
I suggest you get a used practice amp with that price which will get you a better one. Since amps do last for a long time (well, as long you dont abuse them) and eventually you would switch to a better amp so used one w/o any problem should do the job.
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.
If you already have a practice amp, what's the point in getting a new one?

Save up for a real amp.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
The one I have now broke down. I got it used off one of my cousins and all it does is buzz.
Have you tried plugging other guitars into it?

It might be easily fixable.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Ya, i've tried other guitars in the amp, I got it for 50 bucks and it was pretty banged up so I guess it's time ran out.
Haha, welcome to the club! I got my peavey 110 used for 50 bucks too, absolutely in great condtion except the input jack is loose which isnt really a problem at all.
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.
Quote by your_mom1992
Ya, i've tried other guitars in the amp, I got it for 50 bucks and it was pretty banged up so I guess it's time ran out.

Take it into a guitar shop that you trust and see if they can fix it. No sense in buying a new amp for $100-$150 if you can get yours fixed for next to nothing. It could be something really simple that's easy to repair. It may only cost you $10 to get fixed. Have it looked at and find out before buying a new amp.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
Take it into a guitar shop that you trust and see if they can fix it. No sense in buying a new amp for $100-$150 if you can get yours fixed for next to nothing. It could be something really simple that's easy to repair. It may only cost you $10 to get fixed. Have it looked at and find out before buying a new amp.

Its really hard to find a store that would repair anything for 10 bucks in Toronto. Last time i broke my friend's guitar jack and Ring music store wanted 40 bucks for labour and 28 bucks for a so called "quality" jack and the wait time was 2 weeks. Then i found a guy repair it for like 15 bucks (the new jack only costed like 50 cents or something) within 2 hrs.
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.
Like I said, find a store you trust. Honest people who do good work and know what they're doing.

There are 4 music stores near me, and I absolutely refuse to shop at three of them. The people are ass holes or snakes, or will say anything to get a sale.

However, the one store I do shop at is great. Just a small, locally owned place. The owner knows a lot about guitars, amps and is a really nice guy. You need to find a place like this near you. Check out different stores around your area and I'm sure you'll find a good one.

As for the price, the store I go to usually fixes stuff for free if it's just a small problem. If you find a good store I'm sure they will too.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
Like I said, find a store you trust. Honest people who do good work and know what they're doing.

There are 4 music stores near me, and I absolutely refuse to shop at three of them. The people are ass holes or snakes, or will say anything to get a sale.

However, the one store I do shop at is great. Just a small, locally owned place. The owner knows a lot about guitars, amps and is a really nice guy. You need to find a place like this near you. Check out different stores around your area and I'm sure you'll find a good one.

As for the price, the store I go to usually fixes stuff for free if it's just a small problem. If you find a good store I'm sure they will too.

Man! I wish i live where you are!

Stores around me are absolutely vampires that will do anything to suck every penny out of your pocket ffs.
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.
Have you been to all of them in your area? Even the small local-owned ones? I find that they're the best.

Mom and Pop Music Stores pwn.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
Have you been to all of them in your area? Even the small local-owned ones? I find that they're the best.

Only been to those large ones, don't know much about those small ones. I'll check them out later maybe i can find a truely honest store.
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.
Quote by Xenn99

Yeah, they do. I have near me and the owner there is really kickass, too bad they don't have a large selection of amps though . Lots of axes though, especially used ones.
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (JB/Jazz)
Roland Micro Cube

Member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join.
u could find one of those tube epihone amps they're supposed to be pretty good
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man