I'm looking to maybe get a new practice amp for my birthday, which should last me until I join a band or something and need more watts. My current amp is a MG10CD. I know it sucks. These are some of the amps that I was looking amp (my budget is around $100-$200 because it's my dads money):

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Cube-15-1x8-15W-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=480022

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Pathfinder-15R-Guitar-Amp-with-Reverb?sku=481948

Could you guys help with some choices? I mostly play Metal and Hard Rock.
Quote by Dæmönika
I'm afraid of you...MDoggDX316phobia

Quote by Imperial
Yes, Master MDoggDX316

Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: The Hype Man of the UG Hip
Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
the vox valvatronix is way better than the path finder and its in your price range
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
^could it do metal well?
Quote by Dæmönika

Quote by Imperial
Yes, Master MDoggDX316

yea it has amp models specifically based for that and as an added bonus there are 11 effects (plus its a tube hyrbrid... for awesome tone)
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
^I've heard that it's good, but would it be too loud for bedroom use? Also, if I wanted to play with a drummer, would I be able too?
Quote by Dæmönika

Quote by Imperial
Yes, Master MDoggDX316

Last edited by MDoggDX316 at Jun 17, 2006,
umm 15 watts isnt very much but when my band first started i used a 15 watt cranked all the way, but then i got a 100 watt fender
and no, it wont be too loud for bedroom practise, even my 100 watt is quiet whne i hav it on the lowest volume
You can play with a drummer perfectly and turn it down for bedroom use.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
The Cube 15 isn't a modeling amp the way the Cube 30 or the Microcube is. Just so you know.

Valvetronix amps are ok. The stock speaker kind of sucks. But if you want to play with a drummer, you should definitely save up a little more money (an extra $150 or so) and get the Cube 30. For a pure bedroom practice amp, the Roland Microcube is also pretty cool. Amazing sound for such a small amp (I know a guy who uses one as part of his stage rig, mic'd through a PA), but it definitely doesn't have the power for playing with a drummer.
Hi, I'm Peter
Go for the Roland Cube 30 or the Vox Valvetronix AD30VT. They'll be the best for what you want.

As for bedroom practice, My MG50DFX is what I use for bedroom practice. It can get loud, but if you keep it at a reasonable volume, it's fine. ^Both of the amps I recommended are 30 watts, so it won't be quite as loud, but it will still be able to get loud enough for what you're looking for.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Thanks. I'll try to sucker my pops into paying for either the Valvetronix or the Cube 30. lol
Quote by Dæmönika

Quote by Imperial
Yes, Master MDoggDX316

Just tell him that either of those will last you a long time, but if you get a smaller one you'll have to upgrade again later.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
I was about to buy the Cube 15 but I just jumped head on for the 30. Beasty amp for my Metal.
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (JB/Jazz)
Roland Micro Cube

Member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join.
Quote by Xenn99
Just tell him that either of those will last you a long time, but if you get a smaller one you'll have to upgrade again later.

Thanks. That is a good idea. He is sometimes stingy when it comes to buying stuff like that for me. You know actually, when I first got my guitar and amp, I was planning on getting a Cube 15, but Guitar Center only had the Microcube. Well I was so eager and naive that I just picked up the MG10CD because I wanted to play so badly. I regret that now lol.
Quote by Dæmönika

Quote by Imperial
Yes, Master MDoggDX316

It njust makes more sense to buy the amp that will work for you now instead of buying one amp now, then upgrading again in 6 months.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar