Hey fellas,

I get the feeling i'm gonna get alot of people's personal opinions on this, regardless of what I have to say, but i'm gonna say it anyways. First off, because this is an electric guitar thread, i value the opinions of people who know what they're talking about, like those that have made their own guitar or have played many (or both). What i'm looking for is a guitar and case between $300-$500. I already have a blue squier stagemaster that i learned on so i prefer the LP styling. I want something better and different, but inexpensive (not cheap, cheap breaks and inexpensive is a good deal). I want something fast and with low action. I've played rhythm to death and would like to expand my lead ability. Since I'm not a guitar expert, I'm limited to what i know and therefore value any advice and information an "INTELLIGENT" guitar person might say. Please no stupid pointless posts. Thanks guys!
I am not sure what you meant by LP styling. Do you prefer the sound of a LP or the shape of a LP?

I think you should go for an Ibanez SZ. It is almost like the Les Paul with two humbuckers and it sounds almost like a Les Paul. The neck pickup provides you with a warm and thick sound while the bridge pickup can be heavier than most guitars when it comes to playing metal. It is only around US$420, so it is probably within your budget.
Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate and hate... leads to the dark side. -Yoda.
Quote by mrbeanconqueror
I am not sure what you meant by LP styling. Do you prefer the sound of a LP or the shape of a LP?

I think you should go for an Ibanez SZ. It is almost like the Les Paul with two humbuckers and it sounds almost like a Les Paul. The neck pickup provides you with a warm and thick sound while the bridge pickup can be heavier than most guitars when it comes to playing metal. It is only around US$420, so it is probably within your budget.

The only SZ I found was $700-800 new T_T where u find it for $420?
<< ESP LTD Deluxe H-1000 w/EMGs
<< Ibanez RG220b
<< BOSS ME-50 & DS-1
<< Crate MX65R 60 WATTS
<< Ibanez IBZ10G 10 WATTS
<< Dunlop Tortex 88mm
<< KOSS PRO3AA Headphones
Hm...LP styling, but different you say? Low Action and fast neck? Good sounding? With a case for under $500?

I know the perfect guitar for you. The Washburn WI64. It's a great guitar and fits with everything you want. Plus, I don't know of many people that own them or even know what they are, so it's "different." Fast neck, low action, sounds great, and is in your price range. Hell, you can even get the "distressed" version for $300 with a deluxe gigbag on www.music123.com. It's the same as the regular version for $350, just with a flat finish and brushed copper harware. It looks pretty awesome in my opinion.

Here's a pic of the distressed version.

http://www.music123.com/item/expandedimage.aspx?t=2&img=Washburn/228324.jpg&zimg=Washburn/228324.jpg
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
^I think by "LP Style" he means 2 humbuckers.

Check out the Agile guitars at www.rondomusic.net.

At $500, I would definitely look into getting a C-1 Artist.

Very well built, comfortable neck, real Seymour Duncan pickups, and inexpensive to boot .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
By LP styling I mean the overall design of the LP. Body contours, 4knobs, HH pups. Doens't have to be exact, I'm mosty concerned with price, sound, quality, and playability.
^Washburn WI64. I'm serious. Go try one out. The thing even has coil-tapping.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar