What exercises or songs or any such thing do you use to warm up when playing guitar? I usually stretch my left hand fingers and then do jazz hands . Then i go through some chromatic exercises and a few things from correct principles. Then i jazz hand every know and then during practice . What do you guys do?
Member # 2 of the Kiss Sucks and Has Too Much **** They Hock as Merchindise Club Pm DoTheEvolution to join.
1. Play to a metronome in tempo about 90. both 1,2,3,4 and 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 etc.
2. 1-2-3-4 etc, you all know it buy now... also hammer/pull-offs.
3. 5-7-9.....
4. Go thruogh some few scales.
5. Some chords,struming.(sometimes with singing)

And then play
i usually just improvise some pentatonic stuff then play crazy train, mr crowley, ironman,children of the grave, paranoid, and goodbye to romance along with the Randy Rhoads Tribute CD. what are jazz hands?
ya know in blues clues... when hes all exited... i love your taste in music.
Member # 2 of the Kiss Sucks and Has Too Much **** They Hock as Merchindise Club Pm DoTheEvolution to join.
blues scale, chromatic scales, ascending and descending, that kinda stuff

(danilo19, i get the impression you're quite the randy rhoads obssessive)
i play bass so it would be going to

www.cyberfretbass.com going over arpreggios, scales, theory, walking bass lines, and songs which can correspond to the scales or other routines i just did...

then.... i would go to the jam section, which you can set a drum style,beat ( how fast etc )

and yeah thats it... alot more but yeah thats pretty basic.
i use a metronome and play sum finger exercises i got off this site, scales, then chromatic scales.
UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin

Pm me and I'll give you a link to God's forum! It still needs mods

62% of teens smoke pot, put this in your profile if you like lesbians

chromatic scales followed by any other scale i can remember, to a metronome slowly increasing the tempo until i feel ready to play cleanly
i use a metronome and practice a bunch of exercises, including pentatonic scale in triplets, major scale, random palm muted powerchords thing and ascending minor scale line. there are others but i can't describe them too effectively here.
Quote by T.S.R.
what?
if i were a midget...id go masturbate in public because...hey, im a midget and i can get away with anything

Quote by yawn
I heard Hitler was a pretty good guitarist back in his day...

Quote by guitar?
You're a towel.
I do stretches maybe rub my hands a little... maybe even go wash them with hot but not scalding water. Then I usually start with a few scales going up and down the fret board..at like..120bpm eighth notes about 10 times. After that i do a 16th note exercise up and down the fretboard..then i either go straight to arps/sweep picking stuff or i play a couple As I Lay Dying songs like Through Struggle is pretty good and gets you warmed up at least in your right hand and then maybe Elegy that'll definatly get your blood pumpin then I go back to the 16th note exercise and turn it up to like...150 and go up from there.
i try and go for stamina more than speed, for example i play straight alternate picking in quavers at 120 bpm for 3 minutes
Quote by T.S.R.
what?
if i were a midget...id go masturbate in public because...hey, im a midget and i can get away with anything

Quote by yawn
I heard Hitler was a pretty good guitarist back in his day...

Quote by guitar?
You're a towel.