zomg green day american idiot teh 1337

pachendale by iron maiden, not sure you consider stuff in it a riff but i do so it counts.
Member # 2 of the Kiss Sucks and Has Too Much **** They Hock as Merchindise Club Pm DoTheEvolution to join.
I Believe In A Thing Called Love by The Darkness, or Are You Gonna Be My Girl by Jet
Paschendale was in the 20th century.
but i would say
AlterBridge Find The Real
Audioslave Set It Off
I know I'm going to be completely wrong about this, but either:

Stockholm Syndrome - Muse
or
Never Enough - Dream Theater

EDIT: *looks at the respons above me*

... maybe I'm not that far off
my chemical romance actually has some pretty good riffs
you know what they do to guys like us in prison has a great riff
and so does thank you for the venom
Green Day's Bull****. I nominate; Plug In Baby, Stockholm Syndrome, Hysteria (Bass Riff), Knights Of Cydonia, Citizen Erased, Assasin, The Groove!, Futurism(Bass Riff), Micro Cuts (Ending Riff), Hyper Music(Bass Riff), Bliss, New Born, Thoughts Of A Dying Atheist All By Muse.
Last edited by Essien at Jun 17, 2006,
A lot of Audioslave stuff actually. Tom Morollo is the man when it comes down to writing memorable riffs.
Quote by Essien
Green Day's Bull****. I nominate; Plug In Baby, Stockholm Syndrome, Hysteria (Bass Riff) All By Muse. Street Spirit, Paranoid Android, Creep by Radiohead.

hehe I live in stockholm,sweden^^ "jag bor i stockholm,sverige"
Quote by backtothe70s
WTF!?!? GREEN DAY!? xD

Thats like a modern smells lie teen spirit :P and that song sucks xD
Wow, you're one smart cookie
Quote by Essien
Green Day's Bull****. I nominate; Plug In Baby, Stockholm Syndrome, Hysteria (Bass Riff) All By Muse. Street Spirit, Paranoid Android, Creep by Radiohead.

all that radiohead was in the 20th century

but Muse can deliver the riffs when necessary

Stockholm Syndrome FTW!
I'd say maybe Heart in a Cage by the Strokes or something by the awesome Alter Bridge.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
I've never really liked the Stockholm Syndrome riff.

The riff to Falling Away With You is ten times better
Green Day's Bull****. I nominate; Plug In Baby, Stockholm Syndrome, Hysteria (Bass Riff) All By Muse. Street Spirit, Paranoid Android, Creep by Radiohead. Aces High, Phantom Of the Opera, Trooper by Iron Maiden. M.O.P, Enter Sandman, Ride The Lightning, Call Of Ktulu, Seek and Destroy, Whiplash! by Metallica.

21st Century not ever the year 2000 and up and this is in the modern rock forum what are you thinking?
Last edited by that1l)ude at Jun 17, 2006,
Creep Doesnt really have a riff just a vers backing and some octaves during the chorus. you just pput it cuz you like the band. plus hardly any of the ones you listed are in the 21st century(2000 and up)
It's edited, all of those are 21st Century Riffs. Best I've heard so far. And what's wrong with being biased towards bands you like?
Crimson King by Demons & Wizards.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Quote by AthenasGhost
I HATE GREENDAY!!!
Man, such rebelliousness and courage. You truly are a righteous soul.
Seven Nation Army because its beyond memorable
Schism by Tool is okay too
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Quote by Paroxysm
A lot of Audioslave stuff actually. Tom Morollo is the man when it comes down to writing memorable riffs.

Duh, ever hear "Killing in the Name"? Best riff of the '90's.