If you were to play Fade to Black live, how would you end it? I'm wondering because it seems like it would be difficult to think of something and I've never heard Metallica play it live. Any ideas?
Quote by Dæmönika
I'm afraid of you...MDoggDX316phobia

Quote by Imperial
Yes, Master MDoggDX316

Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: The Hype Man of the UG Hip
Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
I meant if you were to play it live. It just fades out and that would seem kinda awkward.
Quote by Dæmönika

Quote by Imperial
Yes, Master MDoggDX316

Quote by obey_yourmaster
just like the song ends...

it ends on a fade out, id like to see you do that live WITHOUT everyone being mixed in to a desk.
I dunno it fades off eh
download fade to black live and watch it, I can't remember how it ends
Quote by Atreideslegend
it ends on a fade out, id like to see you do that live WITHOUT everyone being mixed in to a desk.

Have like a friend come to the show, and slowly turn your amp down. Or don't u have any friends?
Quote by triple_X_maniac
AMERICA FTW!!!

lol jk we suck

<A HREF=

<A HREF=
Quote by obey_yourmaster
Have like a friend come to the show, and slowly turn your amp down. Or don't u have any friends?

.....*cries*

how u gonna turn the drums down???
^
Quote by Dæmönika

Quote by Imperial
Yes, Master MDoggDX316

ok take the "chorus riff" thing, you know, the distorted chord progression at the first half of the song. the one which repeats before the song gets different at the middle.

metallica ends it with that. You put an end to the solo somewhere, play that chord progression (which ends on an E chord), end end on that E chord :P
Last edited by livefortoday at Jun 17, 2006,
Quote by Atreideslegend
.....*cries*

how u gonna turn the drums down???

lol, and the drummer can just play softer
Quote by triple_X_maniac
AMERICA FTW!!!

lol jk we suck

<A HREF=

<A HREF=
Quote by obey_yourmaster

dude seriously it's stupid to fade out live. it's like, you're still rocking out while the sound is so soft it's almost gone, it must look stupid.
Quote by obey_yourmaster

dude no drummer can play quietly, its against their nature :P
Quote by livefortoday
dude seriously it's stupid to fade out live. it's like, you're still rocking out while the sound is so soft it's almost gone, it must look stupid.

Ok, Mr. Iknoweverything
Quote by triple_X_maniac
AMERICA FTW!!!

lol jk we suck

<A HREF=

<A HREF=
or you could do it like the end of Machine Gun (Hendrix... of course) and just have everyone drop out randomly. I joke. I think Livefortoday has a good (serious) idea.
'01 Sunburst Strat>1953 Valco Supro

'06 Jazz bass>'78 Bassman 10

Simple rig fan.
Metallica just ends it suddenly, no fadeout crap.

Just play the solo all the way through without fading out *duh*.

End it with crashing drums, sloppily played "speed-chording", and all that pizzazz.
live they just end with the rhythm part of the solo, which slows down till they end on an almighty B5 chord.
Quote by T.S.R.
what?
if i were a midget...id go masturbate in public because...hey, im a midget and i can get away with anything

Quote by yawn
I heard Hitler was a pretty good guitarist back in his day...

Quote by guitar?
You're a towel.
they just end it with james and lars doin a rythm thingy and kirk playing like a non stop solo..and then they end it with a kinda build up thing with the drums and the last chord..cant remember what that chord was though..
i need a bishop preaching fire to get away with my sins...i despise everything i see so i dont give a fuck if ya HATE ME!
ive been playing to the backing track for 2 days now and i find the sweetest way to end it is in a bend on a high note somewhere above the 12th fret and do the volume swell "thang" u know...