Well now, can someone suggest strings for me? I play rythm guitar, and currently use........D'addario Jazz heavy Gauge (0.49-0.11) and I love them, but Ive never tried other things OTHER than D'addario XL Light (0.42-0.09) and Fender crappy ones that came with guitar.
Quote by SteveHouse
Ouy, I just realized I said power chords will make it powerful.
(kills self)
I like GHS boomers. I have black diamonds currently, i bought them cause i wanted a faster slicker string and thats what the guy suggested and these things suck. definitely not worth the 13 bucks
There always ernie balls.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
ernie balls
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
I like my ghs strings. on my les paul copy I got the small Zakk wylde 0.10-0.60. Like them they are good for detunned sound(in B). Next time I will test the big ones of his strings.

I have tried the Dr High voltage Dime strings on my strat. They are somehow very nice. They stay in tune from the tunning in and I got better pinch harmonics( but that could just be that I getting better at them).

I got one more set of them that I will test after I have use some GHS strings again( just to compare if they are better.)
Ernie Ball Power Slinkys are amazing strings. They give a chunky sound and last for ages and they sound new even after hours of play. They're guage 11-48.
Most of the brands are pretty decent are really personal preference (different strings just seem to react differently with different people)

my opinions on what I've tried:
D'Addario - sound way to modern for me, they play real nice when they're new, they crud up very quickly
Ernie Ball - decent, play decent too, last for a while but overall to 'average' for my likings
Dean Markley - have got this really nice deep sound to them, play well, they last for a while but become very unusable after that
Rotosound - I love these nice vinategey tone and they last for ages for me
Fenders - no idea, I had these on my guitar when I bought it but I didn't know jack about this type of stuff back then...and they had probably been sitting on the guitar for a year while it was in the store

I managed to order a pack of GHSs over the internet recently but I recently changed strings so it'll be a couple more weeks before I get to try them