Ok...so pretty much the major scale is just...idk how to describe it, so let me give an example...F major would be (on E string) 1,3,5,6,8,10,12,13....would that be right? I took my first guitar lesson yesterday and I'm just...checking out his lesson. If anyone wants to help, I'd greatly appreciate. Thanks.
W W H W W W H

W = whole step / tone / fret 3 to 5 would be a whole step
H= half step / semi-tone / fret 3 to 4 would be a half step

starting on ANY note, *lets say G* and go up a WHOLE step to A, then a whole step to B, then a HALF step to C, then a WHOLE step to D and so on
LYRICS. WASTED TIME BETWEEN SOLOS

l
yes that would be right. and to move the pattern use that guys post ^^^^^
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I understand that Kyle_2k, but my teacher said that with the major scale, the 3rd and 4th are a half step as well as the 7th and 8th.
Major - 1 3 5 7 (where C is 1, 3 is E (because E is the 3rd note of a major scale)

now a "formula" (as i call them) for a Minor scale is

Minor - 1 b3 5 7

so 1 - C , b3 would be Eb!!!! cuz u take the 3rd note of the scale u are using, and flatten it.) 5 would be G and the 7 is B

so incase that was hard

Major (in key of C)

1 3 5 7
C E G B

Minor (in key of C)

1 b3 5 7
C Eb G B

so henceforth if u were to play a C, E, G, and B together, it would be a C MAJOR CHORD

if u wher to play the (minor) C Eb G and B together, it would be respectively, a C MINOR CHORD

the ONLY difference between major and minor is the 3rd note of the scale (it gets flattened)

so am i still right??? wholy ive suprised myself hahaha

l
Quote by KYLE_2K
Major - 1 3 5 7 (where C is 1, 3 is E (because E is the 3rd note of a major scale)

now a "formula" (as i call them) for a Minor scale is

Minor - 1 b3 5 7

so 1 - C , b3 would be Eb!!!! cuz u take the 3rd note of the scale u are using, and flatten it.) 5 would be G and the 7 is B

so incase that was hard

Major (in key of C)

1 3 5 7
C E G B

Minor (in key of C)

1 b3 5 7
C Eb G B

so henceforth if u were to play a C, E, G, and B together, it would be a C MAJOR CHORD

if u wher to play the (minor) C Eb G and B together, it would be respectively, a C MINOR CHORD

the ONLY difference between major and minor is the 3rd note of the scale (it gets flattened)

so am i still right??? wholy ive suprised myself hahaha

Using the 1 3 5 7 formula, those chords would be Maj7th chords. C E G B would be a Cmaj7 chord. The formula for a m7 chord would be 1 b3 5 b7. A C7 chord (Dominant 7th) would be written 1 3 5 b7. You should take the time the differentiate between the three.

And no - the difference between the major and minor scales is three notes. But generally, the 3rd defines the tonality of the scale.

Major scale - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7.
Minor scale - 1 2 b3 4 5 b6 b7.
Last edited by Johnljones7443 at Jun 17, 2006,
Quote by DarkSithLord
that did not help at all.....

Quote by DarkSithLord
what's different about the major and minor scale?

Quote by Johnljones7443
Major scale - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7.
Minor scale - 1 2 b3 4 5 b6 b7.

Does that help?
i stand corrected

sorry

listen to Johnljones7443

why is 1 3 5 7 a maj7th? cuz i added the 7 right?

1 3 5 is just major right?

listen to

l
Quote by KYLE_2K
i stand corrected
sorry
listen to Johnljones7443
why is 1 3 5 7 a maj7th? cuz i added the 7 right?
1 3 5 is just major right?
listen to

Major 7th - 1 3 5 7 - Yes.
Major triad - 1 3 5 - Yes.
Also, don't mistake maj7 chords for dom7 chords and vice versa.
Maj7 : 1 3 5 7
Dom7 : 1 3 5 b7
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
Correct
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje