I just bought myself an Ibanez SW115s cabinet (300 watts) at a closeout sale for $185, but I still need a head to go along with it. Does anybody have any suggestions on what I should get?
whats you price range? a cheaper GK would work
....../ `---____________|] ~~~bang!
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_____.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
you just have to be carefull to get a small enough head so you dont blow the cab
....../ `---____________|] ~~~bang!
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_____.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
Teh 300 watt Behringer head is really good for teh price...
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Yeah, I was looking at the 300w behringer, but unfortunately it's been cancelled.
Behringer isn't really good, for its price or any price.

Behringer makes a shoddy product that fails when it wants to and is made by a company with shoddy morals.
haha
Although I'm sure their guitar amps suck, my friend has owned a 30 watt behringer bass amp and I love the way it sounds. He's had it for about 2 years now, and the speakers afe becoming distorted only 'cause he drove a distortion pedal thru it (Not sure why that should matter)

But I've used behringer mixers for quite a while now and I find them to be a great company, with even greater prices.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Here is the simply rule of probbabilty with behringer, Behringer= %50 chance of being total crap, %10 of becoming crap over one yr, %10 to end up costing you $100 to fix it so it doesn't become crap in a yr, and a lonel %30 of being good and trustworthy throught the yrs you own the product. If you do go with behringer make sure you buy it from a good shop that will fix it for free if it breaks, or exchange for another one.
Quote by FbSa
Here is the simply rule of probbabilty with behringer, Behringer= %50 chance of being total crap, %10 of becoming crap over one yr, %10 to end up costing you $100 to fix it so it doesn't become crap in a yr, and a lonel %30 of being good and trustworthy throught the yrs you own the product. If you do go with behringer make sure you buy it from a good shop that will fix it for free if it breaks, or exchange for another one.

+1
+1 X 2!

SWR makes nice heads. Check out the Workingman's series. Or Gallien Krueger. Its hard to suggest things when you don't give a pricerange.

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
Watch the double posting 94 hours. Dan will warn you sooner or later so heads up. Take notice of the "edit" button.

Anyway I would recommend either the GK Backline 600 Head (300 watts) or the Ashdown Mag 300 (307 watts). I own the Ashdown and it's great. I used to own an GK Backline 115 which is basically a lower powered Backline 600 Head in combo form with a 15" speaker and it was great. I would recommend not buying a Behringer because they have such mixed reviews, some say they're amazing, some say they're terrible and a waste.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10