Me and my co guitarist are planning on getting these; im getting a Randy Rhoads and he is getting a Kelly. Does anyone have experience with either of these?
Epiphone Custom 1966 SG w/EMG 85(B)
Epiphone Les Paul
Peavey Valveking
Boss SD-1 Overdrive; NS-2
Fender Tuner
Ya, I have a V, and wow..These are meant to be their low end guitars but they compare to an america version..I have both and the Js can keep up in tone and playability..get one, you wont regret!!
They're Jacksons, they just can't be bad. :p Okay this might sound stupid, but honestly I've never seen a bad Jackson. Sure, you can't compare a 200$ one to a JEM or whatever, but in their price range, they're good if not outstanding. I own a KE3 Kelly and I'm very happy with it - what are the exact models of the guitars you guys are getting? There are several different RR's/ Kelly's out there..
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Quote by ar73m
They're Jacksons, they just can't be bad. :p

You think so? I've played a JS30 and it sucked balls.
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (JB/Jazz)
Roland Micro Cube

Member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join.
I'd save up a little more and get a Dinky.. and if you had the money, a new DK2m(is that what it's called?) the dinky maple board with real duncans.
Well it must of been a jiunx'd one then, cause I can easily compare it to an american jackson ($2000) and a Js jackson ($200) and thats no lies!
You think so? I've played a JS30 and it sucked balls.

You must have terrible luck then, or maybe we just have drastically different tastes/playing style; a friend of mine has a JS30 Dinky and "suckage" is the last word I'd use to describe it :/
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
i dont want one with a floyd rose
Epiphone Les Paul
Peavey Valveking
Fender Tuner
I have the JS series Warrior, which played exactly like the RR. However, I felt the overall balance of the RR was a little headstock heavy, but liked the balance of the warrior.

Both guitars sound really great, especially since I was coming off of a $50 strat copy. I'd like to have a trem on mine, but I don't need it, so I won't complain. At first, the guitar came out of tune frequently, but time and a change of strings cleared that up.

One thing to watch out for: The input jack was loose. Check that before you leave the store. (Unless you ordered it online; check it when it gets to you)
Quote by terryguitar
GROW UP WE DONT NEED 2 CHEAT WHEN OUR KIDS ARE BEAUTIFUL

Quote by blynd_snyper
Ummm, petrol? Nip down to your local petrol station, buy a litre of the stuff and soak your balls in it, light them up and start playing with them.
Quote by synester_gates
i dont want one with a floyd rose

Your only chance to get a JS without a Floyd is to look for a JS30DKT. http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=2900017527
(Assuming you don't want the Kelly or Rhoads body shape).

The only thing that would need replacing is the pickups.

Or, go for the real stuff, look for a DKMGT, King Kelly, RR1T, SL1T, SL2HT,DK2T, or RR5.
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (JB/Jazz)
Roland Micro Cube

Member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join.
Last edited by PunishedOne at Jun 18, 2006,
I have the Rhoads, it's not a terrible, but it's not fantastic. I'm selling mine, though.
Quote by axe_grinder247
meatwad>chuck norris
are the pickups any good?
Epiphone Les Paul
Peavey Valveking
Fender Tuner
The JS Kelly is a fairly decent guitar. However, the pickups are bass monsters. Good for rhythm powerchord chugging, but NAFF for lead work and harmonics. I have a fair bit of experience from jamming on my freind's. They are mean lookers tho, and of good build quality (crafted in India, as the headstock proudly says...)
Save up a bit and see if you can get an X series or a used Pro Series, they're a bit better.