i went to guitar center and picked up the ej strat and i could not put it down, this had the smoothest neck on a guitar ive ever played, does anyone own one, because im thinking about buying one, but i dont know how well it will hold up. and i didnt get a chance to plug it in, so does anyone know how good the pickups and tone is?
Go to the Eric Johnson article on the home page of UG, he talks a bit about his strat. He says that the pickups are a bit hotter than those of a stock American Strat.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Quote by aloneinthecity
i went to guitar center and picked up the ej strat and i could not put it down, this had the smoothest neck on a guitar ive ever played, does anyone own one, because im thinking about buying one, but i dont know how well it will hold up. and i didnt get a chance to plug it in, so does anyone know how good the pickups and tone is?

It's been the fastest selling signiture Strat ever accordin the the administrator of the EJ forum.

I haven't played one myself, but over on his forum quite a number of people have them. I haven't heard a single complaint from anybody about it there, except that as all nitro finish guitars, the nitro wears quite fast, which is to be expected.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.