You know the things that hold the strings at the bottom of the bass, with the coils wrapped around them, that point out, and stand on two little feet? Well, I'm having trouble with one of them. One of the feet is higher than another (on my E string), and is causing problems, like making the string hit the metal frets. How can I fix this? Do I need to take it to Sam Ash, where I bought it, and get it fixed professionally?
take that tool with all those keys and loosen or tighten it, im not sure if you what tool im talking about though, i can always take a pic but yeah
That sounds like you need to adjust your action to me, you should have gotten an allen key with your bass that you can use to adjust it down by the bridge, by the way i think your on about the tuning pegs when you called them feet
Quote by metpajoe
That sounds like you need to adjust your action to me, you should have gotten an allen key with your bass that you can use to adjust it down by the bridge, by the way i think your on about the tuning pegs when you called them feet

allen key thats it!

use the smallest key thats on it...
Haha, I got it. I just twisted it with my fingernails, and it made it on down. Better than ever, actually! Thanks, though.
The only thing is... Won't that affect your intonation? I always thought that would mess it up. I could be wrong.
Well, you can always fix intonation, too.
Computer programmers are loopy.
- That's one of my own!